This is interesting Web Security?

/ This is interesting Web Security? #42  
It was FB not some other entity. They were angry with me.
Hmm, why would they ask you for that? I'm not on FB alot, but have been on it for years, never heard of them asking for that info. I think your looking at a scam, or possibly you have a few unwanted proggies running in the back ground. What browser are you using?

/ This is interesting Web Security? #43  
Hmm, why would they ask you for that? I'm not on FB alot, but have been on it for years, never heard of them asking for that info. I think your looking at a scam, or possibly you have a few unwanted proggies running in the back ground. What browser are you using?
I was going to post something for sale on FB marketplace. My account uses a fictitious name and a picture of a sculpture.
Perhaps because of this they wanted a photo ID etc. I tried feeding it a generic fake I found online.
It rejected me, and because I didn't play their game, said I was banned from selling.
All I need is one more of these shenanigans and I'll nuke my account and never go there again.

META is short for metastasis 👹

/ This is interesting Web Security?
Hmm, why would they ask you for that?
they insist that you identify yourself correctly claiming some bullshit about how they care so much for all the members. Really, they just want to sell your data and that's about all there is to it.
The first time I was usng the nom de plume Vladmir Harknonen. One of their fascist Censors must have read Dune. So I reconstituted myself as another Vladimir . Then some horrid collectivist didn't like my politics and reported me. And demanding ID was how they followed up.

/ This is interesting Web Security? #45  
I was going to post something for sale on FB marketplace. My account uses a fictitious name and a picture of a sculpture.
Perhaps because of this they wanted a photo ID etc. I tried feeding it a generic fake I found online.
It rejected me, and because I didn't play their game, said I was banned from selling.
All I need is one more of these shenanigans and I'll nuke my account and never go there again.

META is short for metastasis
When I have purchased from somebody on FB mp, the sellers have used their real names. I would run away from any transaction where the seller is using a fake name. I wouldn't be able to believe anything he was saying when we discussed the item he was selling. I wouldn't write a check to somebody with two names. I've seen too many people scammed.

/ This is interesting Web Security?
META is short for metastasis
few people know that zuckerbrerg had business cards printed up that introduced him with the words:
“I’m C.E.O., *****”
A wee tiny insight into the mind of a sociopath with high level adaptive skills

/ This is interesting Web Security? #47  
few people know that zuckerbrerg had business cards printed up that introduced him with the words:
“I’m C.E.O., *****”
A wee tiny insight into the mind of a sociopath with high level adaptive skills
He was 22 at the time, and like many/most 22 year olds was kind of an arrogant know it all. I don't particularly like him either, but that doesn't make him a sociopath, just a jerk. He was also a lot richer than most of us will ever be.

/ This is interesting Web Security? #49  
When Microsoft first started up, I applied. They wanted me to live in a cube and reverse engineer other people's stuff that they didn't want to pay royalties on. On principle, I said no to this. It was the worst decision I ever made. :) Cause, it is, all about money.