three point hitch problems

/ three point hitch problems #1  

dancot

Tractor
1987 zetor 5245 4x4
i have a zetor 5245 4x4 , and i hooked up a logging winch to it, i noticed with the three point hitch all the up my winch is only coming off the ground about 12 to 13 inches,, i thinking that its not going all the way up ,,, does anyone know why my three point hitch is not coming up the whole way,,Without the winch attached and the three point hitch up as far as it will go , i can manually lift them anouther 10 inches.. is this normal.

/ three point hitch problems #3  
Just exactly how much lift do you expect....

How high you can get winch off ground may be in direct relationship to how high the 3PH attachment points are on the winch....

Last edited:
   / three point hitch problems #4  
is your pto shaft to long (bottoming out) and driving pressure into your pto stubs? (did you properly make the pto shaft propr length)

Last edited:
   / three point hitch problems #5  
Sounds typical that 3 pt feedback mechanism or control lever linkage is ""out of correct adjustment"".

/ three point hitch problems #6  
Are your lower arms attached at the lowest position on the winch?

/ three point hitch problems #7  
i have a zetor 5245 4x4 , and i hooked up a logging winch to it, i noticed with the three point hitch all the up my winch is only coming off the ground about 12 to 13 inches,, i thinking that its not going all the way up ,,, does anyone know why my three point hitch is not coming up the whole way,,Without the winch attached and the three point hitch up as far as it will go , i can manually lift them anouther 10 inches.. is this normal.

A few photos would certainly help..

/ three point hitch problems
With the winch off, how high can the tractor lift the 3pt arms?
The same distance with the winch on, with the winch off and the 3pt arms up as high as they will go I can lift them myself another 10 inches.

/ three point hitch problems
is your pto shaft to long (bottoming out) and driving pressure into your pto stubs? (did you properly make the pto shaft propr length)
yes I did. With the winch off it comes the same distance.