Thresheree Photos - As Promised!

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #41  
Garry..I was wondering if you knew of a website that offers more information on the 3/4 scale down tractors of yesterday.

Thanks.

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised!
No Thomas, I'm sorry I don't. I'm not involved in those myself, and I didn't notice anything at the event. All of the scaled down tractors were owned by guys that had full size restorations. I bet if you sent an e-mail to
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.thresheree.org/>Rock River Thresheree</A>, they could put you in contact with some of the fellows that had the scaled down tractors.

Good luck. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #43  
Thank you for the information.

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #44  
Hey everyone.... if you have the time and are close to New Centerville, PA this weekend try to attend the Farmers and Threshermans Jubilee. It starts tomorrow and runs through Sunday. New Centerville is just 10 miles west of Somerset, PA.

It is similar to the event GolfGar4 attended this past weekend - except it concentrates on older farming, logging, and mining equipment used in Somerset County in years past.

The wife and I will be leaving tomorrow for it and another local festival called Mountain Craft Days. A couple of days of hanging out, visiting the in-laws, and getting away from the hum-drum of daily living. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'll take the camera along and get some pictures to share.

Terry

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #45  
You guys have all the fun out there. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif..and do have a pleasant time,and I'll be looking for the photos. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #46  
Hey, I have been to that thresheree before. A couple years ago I helped my brother-in-law display his hit-or-miss engines. We used one engine to run a can crusher that flipped the crushed can into a bucket automaticaly.
It's a huge place and very interesting.

Ray

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised!
Dang, I knew something was missing from previous years!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

You're right Dan, it is a huge place. And it seems to be getting "huger" every year. But I have to admit, I never realized how interesting it was until I got bit by the tractor bug. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #48  
There is egg-on-my-face.... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

After posting my reply on this thread and driving to Timonium, MD I had the fortunate experience of breaking a tooth which caused an emergency visit to my Dentist. Murphy was helping me a lot on Thursday morning and I forgot my camera for the trip to Someset. So... alas and alec, I did not have the opportunity to capture any of the fun stuff to share. My apologies!!!

The wife and myself had a nice time strolling around looking at all of the old equipment and enjoying the fine September weather.

One of the highlights of the short trip was that we visited the crash site of Flight 93. It's about 10 or so miles from my in-laws house. It was just before the sun set and it just so happened that the "Flight Across America" people were visiting and placing their memorials at the visitors area. I really do wish I had my camera to capture those pictures. It is something to see. People have left many different articles in memory. From rocks with simple, honest thoughts to coins, baseball caps, firemans hats, pictures, tons of flowers, polished stone memorials from different countries, etc. It is something to see to be sure. The site is being prepared for a visit from President Bush next Wednesday. That should be a very busy place indeed!!

A short drive away from the Flight 93 site, is the Quecreek miners site. We stopped at the farm where they extracted those nine fortunate miners. All that is left are two sealed shafts. These were the shafts where they extacted the miners. I cannot imagine what those poor guys went through being trapped 240 or so feet underground.

All in all, the short trip was refreshing and sobering at the same time. Simply put, enjoy life for what it is, as you never know what you may face in the next minute, day, or month....

Terry