Thresheree Photos - As Promised!

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #31  
Golfgar4,
Sorry I forgot to leave a message the first time. Man, you've got a lot of nerve, that Desoto isn't New Holland colors. Maybe I'd give it a whirl if it was Blue. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Seriously these are some GREAT shots. Keep up the good work.

Kent

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #32  
Great photo's, thanks for al your efforts.
Where was this event held? and is it an annual event?
PJ

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #33  
Thanks Garry. These are terrific pics. I always enjoy going to these types of shows with the old tractors and implements.

One likely reason you often don't see these types of seats is they have become quite a collector's item....especially the unusual and intricate ones. See the attachment in the next post for a brief history on implement seat collecting. Also shown is quite an unusual butterfly seat....really interesting how these seats were made. Not surprised you didn't see too many of these at the show. But, you did your best and I appreciate you thinking of my request.

BTW, what kind of tractor was this that this seat was attached to. It looked awfully small to have quad wheels.

Bob

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #34  
Brief history of tractor/implement seat collecting and a pic of a rare butterfly seat.

Attachments

• 35-189658-ButteflySeat.gif
    35-189658-ButteflySeat.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 86
   / Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #35  
This pic is a nice collection of assorted seats from another collector.

Attachments

• 35-189660-implementseatgallery.jpg
    35-189660-implementseatgallery.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 78
   / Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #36  
Thanks Garry:

That could easily be a clone of the one here (1950). Right now its pretty rough looking, but hope to have it in that type of shape by spring. Pretty cool little tractors don't ya think. I understand that in California the vegetable farmers snap up everyone they can get their hands on. Then repower them with Isuzu deisels. That says a lot for a +50 year old design.

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised!
Paul,

Yes, this is an annual Labor Day event. It's located about halfway between Janesville, Wisconsin and Edgerton, Wisconsin on U.S. Highway 51. What's really interesting is that the sponsoring organization owns all the property that the event is held on, and it's only used for this one event each year. I don't know how many acres they have, but it has to be at least a couple hundred! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif It seems to get bigger every year. There's a link to their website in the thread I started in the Off Topics Forum.

<font color=blue>"BTW, what kind of tractor was this that this seat was attached to. It looked awfully small to have quad wheels."</font color=blue>

I think it was in the Farmall section, but I honestly don't remember what kind it was. I'm really sorry about that, because my plan was that when I would find a nice seat to get a pic of, I would also take a pic of the whole tractor to show you too. Well, I stumbled across this seat almost at the end of my time. I was so frustated that I hadn't seen anything at that point, that I forgot to shoot the tractor after I shot the seat. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

After seeing some of those seats in the pictures you posted, at least I know I was looking for the right kind of seat! Now that I keep the camera with me most of the time - aren't digitals great! - I'll keep my eyes open for more seats. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>"Pretty cool little tractors don't ya think."</font color=blue>

Russ, they really are neat little tractors. It was interesting seeing the different implements attached to them. It's also amazing the amount of work that people put into restoring them. Some of the restorations, and not just the "G's", absolutely took your breath away. Looking forward to seeing some pics of yours! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Thresheree Photos - As Promised! #40  
<font color=blue>Now that I keep the camera with me most of the time - aren't digitals great! - I'll keep my eyes open for more seats. </font color=blue>

Thanks Garry. Yep, digitals are great...only wished I had one...just not in my budget yet. I have to use the old fashioned way of taking pics using my Minolta 35mm SLR and then scanning the photos as jpg attachments. Not very efficient....but for now it'll have to do.

I find these seats somewhat amazing due to the design process used in making them. Unfortunately, good ones are very hard to find. Because of the brittle cast iron used in the forging process, many have broken up or chipped. Very excellent quality ones ever make it to the auctions and dealer shops. I've just started this hobby of collecting implement seats and again, I appreciate the time you've taken to try to get some good pics.

Bob