Tight throttle on B7610

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #11  
Another B7610 owner with a tight throttle. Must be normal. I often wondered about this as well but never bothered me enough to ask questions.

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #12  
V Dave,

I had the same problem and solved it by loosening the two nuts at the bottom of the throttle arm. It's not easy to reach, but it can be done with a simple combination wrench and some mild cussing. I got lucky, in that when I tuned the bottom nut, the upper nut turned with it. Therefore I did not have to hold the top nut and tighten the bottom "lock nut" after the adjustment.

Trust me, it's worth the hassle. It's MUCH nicer to operate with a free and easy throttle lever.

Best of luck.

Kller B 7610

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #13  
Killer_B,

How did you get to the adjusting nuts? I have a new B7510 and have the same tight throttle.

Looks to me like you would have to remove the cover below the steering wheel to get to it and that looks like a lot of work.

I looked under the hood and there is a "firewall" piece blocking it from that side.

Bill Tolle

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #14  
if it is that new, have the dealer take care of it, but it probably will lossen up eith use.

/ Tight throttle on B7610
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( if it is that new, have the dealer take care of it, but it probably will lossen up eith use. )</font>

Well, I got used to it and forgot to put the tight throttle on the list when I took the tractor in for servicing. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

And, it hasn't loosened up with time, if anything it has gotten worse. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had looked at the dash to find the nuts BIGUN said to loosen. It wasn't obvious how to open the dash to get to the nuts. Now Killer B says it can be done. I guess I'll have to look at it again--it really is a pain to deal with.

So, yeah Killer B, I'd also like to see a picture of what you are prying open to get to the nuts.

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #16  
V8,

To make sure we are talking about the same thing, please see attached schematic and photo. The nuts are parts 055 and 060. They are located about 2" inward from the opening made when the floor mat is pulled back, as shown in the photo.

I originally thought I would have to take a cheap open end wrench and bend it about 25 degrees or so to get it to reach the nut. But after a little finagling, I did somehow get the wrench on the lower nut enough to turn it about a half turn. And that's all it took to make a night and day difference.

I don't exactly recall the angle of attack that did the trick. But if you lie down on your back, get comfortable, and fiddle with it for a while, you will eventually find the right combination.

Don't give up, men. It's a quality of life issue.

Good luck!

Attachments

• 528360-B7610 Throttle.pdf
    46.9 KB · Views: 254
   / Tight throttle on B7610
This helps a lot, I was looking in the wrong place for the nuts! I was trying to open the dash panel. This blow up isn't in the service manual. I forgot to check the [PDF] parts manual after I got it from Tractor Smart.

It's not raining today, I'll pull the cover off and take a look. I might have to wait until I can get the tractor back into the shop to attack it. The concrete drive hasn't cured enough yet to drive on and I'm not up to laying in the mud.

Thanks!

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #18  
Killer_B,

Thanks for the tip. I crawled under my B7510 this afternoon. Using a flashlight I looked up and could see where the nuts you referenced were.

Using a 12 MM, 12 point combination wrench I got hold of the bottom nut and turned it less than 1/6th turn. That was just enough to stop it from sticking but it is still plenty tight.

It takes some patience and a little contortionist maneuver but was really not that difficult since you showed us exactly where it is.

Bill Tolle

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #19  
Bravo!

Now let's see if we can’t liberate a few more obstinate B7610 throttle levers.

Killer B 7610

"Happiness is a free and easy throttle."

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #20  
Going to try it on my B7800 also, thanks, bw