Tight throttle on B7610

/ Tight throttle on B7610
Well, thanks to Killer_B's pictures I finally got around to fixing my throttle. It works smoothly now. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thanks!

Only problem was after an hours worth of contortions I was able to get the only lock nut loose! Another bit of manipulation and the friction nut was eased up a bit too. Then I couldn't get the lock nut tight without screwing up the friction setting. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif So, I went to lunch instead of fixing it with the 5 pound sledge hammer I had nearby. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

After lunch I got to figure out how to dismantle the instrument panel and dashboard. After disconnecting the brake lock rod, I was able to set the friction nut and get the lock nut pulled up.

The hardest part of all this was figuring out how to get the lower dash cover off. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif It lifts up and out. But first you need to pop the instrument panel and take the throttle lever off. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I'll post a few pictures to show how for the next guy that has to do this. This pix is of the instrument panel. Shows the clips that hold the panel in. Place a wide screwdriver in the two slots on the upper (top) edge, a little gentle prying and it comes right off.

Attachments

• 544468-Instrument panel-sm.jpg
    544468-Instrument panel-sm.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 122
   / Tight throttle on B7610
This picture is of the lower dash panel. Fairly limited picture but it shows how the fastening hooks work. This ought to be the same on most all the B-series Kubota tractors.

With the knowledge I have now about removing the lower panel, I could have done the whole job in an hour with a lot less contortions and nasty comments about the ancestory of inanimate objects.

Attachments

• 544469-Dash lower panel-sm.jpg
    544469-Dash lower panel-sm.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 117
   / Tight throttle on B7610 #23  
V8

I knew I got lucky when both nuts turned together. Thanks for the info and pictures on removing the lower dash panel.

Killer B

/ Tight throttle on B7610 #24  
Once upon a time in Kentucky my throttle on my B7500 was really tight. Someone here posted how to free it up but I'd taken matters into my own hands just after the post and before I got the reply. I got WD40 (water displacement #40) and gave the shaft a good squirt and worked it back and forth a few times and over the past couple of years I've never noticed the problem again.