Tiller for GC

/ Tiller for GC
Like I said before, I was most worried about the wheel coverage of the till with the spacers. I thought I remembered someone here saying they had a woods tiller. Woods does not have a 50". I know that the dealer carries woods and I can also get it in red. I would not be surprised if they have on sitting on the lot when I go down there. Waiting until the end of March and I'm sure we won't get snow, but going the beginning of april just in case they need to order one they'll have 2 full months to get it. They don't have one now, but they seem to always have them in the when I've been down there in late spring.

/ Tiller for GC #12  
I've got a Woods GTC40-2. It covers the tire tracks well, but I don't have spacers....

mounted tiller.JPG

/ Tiller for GC #13  
I run a 60" Woods on my 25hp Yanmar SA425, no issues yet. I personally feel the Woods is one of the best out there (Get your wallet out, they like their stuff) but there are other good ones. I think it may depend on soil type and if you are willing to slow down you will be fine. But honestly didn't feel I had to go that slow when tilling with it.

Can't speak for the Massey but I would expect it might be similar. Land Pride makes a real nice tiller that is 50". The bottom pic was from one of those and my little Case IH (sold them both).

1709990265758.png

1709990365042.png

Last edited:
   / Tiller for GC #14  
1709990799334.png

/ Tiller for GC #15  
I have a Tar River 50" tiller works very well with my 1715

/ Tiller for GC #16  
I have the Woods RT48.30 on my GC2610. The tiller has an offset and recommends tilling in a clockwise direction.
Here's how it did last fall after I purchased it used. Because the ground was heavily packed from using a skid loader, I did a couple of passes - one with shallow depth then increased the depth for the next pass. Went slow to allow the tiller to really break up the soil.
1710196392282.png

This is the page in the manual that lists coverage and offset.
1710196344438.png

/ Tiller for GC #17  
some don't like that offset however I really like it.
does take getting used to though.
I did consider a reverse direction (fwiw been running tractor mounted tillers both fwd and rev directions since the late 1970s...case/bolens/etc) but the very few times that would benefit me were so rare not worth it.

/ Tiller for GC
That's interesting, I did not look into this offset thing, or even know it was a thing. So it appears that the 48 has a 3" offset and this just the way it is. Knowing that then till coverage of wheels is not a concern at all. Thank you for educating me.

/ Tiller for GC #19  
That's interesting, I did not look into this offset thing, or even know it was a thing. So it appears that the 48 has a 3" offset and this just the way it is. Knowing that then till coverage of wheels is not a concern at all. Thank you for educating me.
you can put rt side of the tiller very close to something while tractor not so close. not saying I have ever run my tiller 1" away from a building but.....

/ Tiller for GC #20  
I would recommend 48" tiller. Ran one on my Kubota BX. Never needed anything bigger. Remember Bigger is also Bigger $$$.
Don't worry about covering the width of the tractor, who cares? Come planting time there's going to be tracks all over the place.
Also, a thing to remember, those reverse rotating tillers kick stuff forward. You could potentially hit the same rock more than once.

Dave