Tiller for GC

/ Tiller for GC #21  
offset can take a few passes to get used to but...we all hit crap when tilling that suddenly puts our machines close to expensive crap. anyone that says otherwise is a liar.
that 3 inch offset protects you.
crank wheel to right pull fwd 1 inch and due to swing you gain a lot clearance on rt side of tiller. straighten front tires back up 6 inches and you are clear of everything.
I will never buy a tiller w/o an offset now.
takes a lot of getting used to though, sometimes seems counterintuitive.
its one thing just tilling your own stuff, gets more important when you pull into a property you have never seen before.
again if unit is captive (never leaves your yard) this don't really matter. my unit is not captive and gets trailered a lot.
edit: oh yeah the slip clutch is easy to adjust on the woods 48.30. when in doubt set it to slip won't break anything that way :)

Last edited:
   / Tiller for GC #22  
Anyone know who makes the Mahindra tiller now?

/ Tiller for GC #24  
If the tiller width is close to your tire spread, get one that offsets. That way only the last row will have a tire track. And Woods tillers are fantastic. I had one for 22 years before selling it because it was too small for my current tractor.

/ Tiller for GC #25  
If the tiller width is close to your tire spread, get one that offsets. That way only the last row will have a tire track. And Woods tillers are fantastic. I had one for 22 years before selling it because it was too small for my current tractor.
Just curious, how do you plant your garden without getting footprints in the dirt?

/ Tiller for GC
I had a similar answer about tracks. There's a big difference between ~180# me and a ~1600# tractor and how much the dirt will get compacted.

/ Tiller for GC #28  
I had a similar answer about tracks. There's a big difference between ~180# me and a ~1600# tractor and how much the dirt will get compacted.

Driving over tilled soil one time will not compact it very much. It's a non-issue. Never had any problems planting where the tire track was.

Dave

/ Tiller for GC #29  
Driving over tilled soil one time will not compact it very much. It's a non-issue. Never had any problems planting where the tire track was.

Dave
Go for it. My tractor is much heavier than your BX.

/ Tiller for GC #30  
Go for it. My tractor is much heavier than your BX.

I have, and with my 4320 which is on par with your MX. No difference that I can tell. Compaction is not a one off. It's not like OMG I have to start all over again.