Tiller operation in a fenced garden

/ Tiller operation in a fenced garden
I'm thinking the fence I'll put up will be wire stock fence in the 2x4 by 4ft tall with a low electric wire and to upper electric wires.

fence.jpg

Regards,
Chris

/ Tiller operation in a fenced garden #42  
The challenge you will face with a wire low enough to get rabbits is grass growing up shorting it out. Some of the stronger electric fences can burn off grass as it touches it. Alternately you will probably have to weed wack it on a regular basis. Cows, deer, dogs and such soon learn to stay away from an electic fence once they've been zapped. I don't know about rabbits though. They breed a new gang on such a regular basis that I think the fence would have to run 24 / 7.

/ Tiller operation in a fenced garden #43  
I usually use round up on the fence just for that reason. That fence will eat some trimmer line up! I have an electric line about 2 inches off the ground in font of the wire fence. And one right above it too. My groundhogs learned to climb it. That way they get shocked on the approach and if they get past that when they climb that is the first thing they grab at the top.

Putting some peanut butter on aluminum foil will sure teach any animal a good lesson.

/ Tiller operation in a fenced garden
Thanks YesDeere,

I think we'll be using Roundup as well