tillers

/ tillers #21  
Does the KK have the reversible tine rotation feature like the Tarter? Ken Sweet
No, but they do offer some reverse tine tillers that we choose not to put on our website. We do offer a couple different models of reverse rotation tillers but RARELY sell any.
I think the forward tine tiller is a much better choice for gardening/food plots because you can control the depth easier, the load on your tractor is less and you don't have to worry as much about rocks flying at the back of your tractor.
Have you calculated the time it would take to change one of those to reverse mode?

/ tillers #22  
No, but they do offer some reverse tine tillers that we choose not to put on our website. We do offer a couple different models of reverse rotation tillers but RARELY sell any.
I think the forward tine tiller is a much better choice for gardening/food plots because you can control the depth easier, the load on your tractor is less and you don't have to worry as much about rocks flying at the back of your tractor.
Have you calculated the time it would take to change one of those to reverse mode?

So we are straight on this, the Tarter is not a copy of the KK. The Tarter has the reverse feature and KK does not. I have changed a Tarter Geardrive over to reverse rotation and it took about 1 1/2 hour and that is a old man that has not worked in the shop in a few years. Ken Sweet

/ tillers #23  
Not an exact copy.
I'm curious. On the Tarter, what is the protective shield that goes from the main gearbox to the side drive made out of?
tarter.jpgKK-II-Tiller-TG-84-YK-7T.jpg

/ tillers #24  
Googling indicates that KK,Countyline & Tarter are very,very similar.

/ tillers #25  
   / tillers #26  
Topoe, It looks like you have a good discussion going here--IF you are interested in who is copying who. Now if they would get into topics such as gauge of metal, ease of repair, warranty, etc. it would really be helpful.:thumbsup:

/ tillers #27  
Don't you think it is kinda misleading to put a 11 rotor KK tiller picture up against a much smaller 7 rotor Tarter Tiller? Lets play fair here. Ken Sweet

Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead but it was the best front view I had. That was a pic of the 84" king kutter with 11 rotors and a clevis hitch.
Here is a pic of the 72" king kutter tiller with 9 rotors next to the 72" tarter tiller with 7 rotors. Like I said, not an exact copy.
KK-II-Tiller-TG-72-YK-13T.jpgtarter.jpg

/ tillers #28  
Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead but it was the best front view I had. That was a pic of the 84" king kutter with 11 rotors and a clevis hitch.
Here is a pic of the 72" king kutter tiller with 9 rotors next to the 72" tarter tiller with 7 rotors. Like I said, not an exact copy.
View attachment 304367View attachment 304368

You are still showing a 9 rotor KK versus a 7 rotor in the Tarter brand. Ken Sweet

/ tillers #29  
How much does each 7' tiller weigh IE KK vs Tarter?????????

/ tillers #30  
Off the top of my head the Tarter 6 ft weighs 800 and the KK II weighs 780. I will look up the 84" when I get to my books. Ken Sweet