Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #111  
That is a wicked cool photo of your tractor...excellent!

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder
That is a wicked cool photo of your tractor...excellent!

Thanks. The light looked pretty cool the way it was hitting the grapple so I decided to try doing a nighttime HDR shot. Didn't have my tripod so I set the camera on top of the basement wall to keep it from moving. The picture is three bracketed photos combined into an HDR shot.

Pictures 99 - 100

Here's a couple more pics of some of my best help on the project. He's been pretty interested in everything so far. No running machinary was used for these photos :)

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #114  
   / Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #115  
You're taking some great pictures documenting the building of your house. Hope you are keeping them organized in a file. One day they will make a great photo album to look back on. Especially if you need to change or fix something!!!

Eddie

You're taking some great pictures documenting the building of your house. Hope you are keeping them organized in a file. One day they will make a great photo album to look back on. Especially if you need to change or fix something!!!

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

I've created two files for the photos. One for everything I've taken and one "keeper" folder. I'm hoping when it's all finished the keepers may make a nice coffee table book of the process.

Jeremy

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #117  
Hi Eddie,

I've created two files for the photos. One for everything I've taken and one "keeper" folder. I'm hoping when it's all finished the keepers may make a nice coffee table book of the process.

Jeremy

Certainly a good idea, keepers and outtakes. :thumbsup:

/ Timber Frame Hybrid Home - Owner Builder #118  
On our build, I also scanned every quote, contract, report, etc. I had the surveys and architect's drawings sent as PDF so I could review them as needed.

I found a great FREE program called Vu360 that lets you open an ordinary PDF, establish the scale and do all kind of takeoffs. It will calculate area, roof area given an flat dimension and roof pitch. I have used it ti calculate stone for french drains, mouldings, sheetrock, concrete, etc.

Thanks for the Vu360 info Tom. I'll take a look at it. Also - I see that your about wrapped up on your house. We need more pics please. :)

We should finally see some sticks in the air tomorrow. Materials were dropped off for the basement framing and subfloor. Framing crew should be in tomorrow morning to get started. We also have power now. The electric utility trenched the line and connected the temporary yesterday. That's the good news.

Bad news is that I received a phone call at 7pm last night from my sub who was supposed to get my outside post piers poured. After repeated assurances that they would go in this week he informed me that he was not going to be able to do them. We have 3 - 10x10, 2 - 14x14, and 2 - 18x18 posts piers that the outside timbers sit on. This has really left me in a bind. I spent today getting the footings and rebar in for the posts. Concrete truck will be in tomorrow to pour the footings, however due to Monday being a holiday I won't be able to get another truck until Tuesday to pour the piers. This only leaves 7 days to cure and we have anchor bolts that need to be drilled in the center of each. My only other option is a mixer and quickcrete which would take around 80 bags. Not a good option.

Pictures 101-102