Timber Tuff chainsaw sharpener, Any good?

/ Timber Tuff chainsaw sharpener, Any good? #21  
I used to sharpen with a file. However, I tried the Dremel attachment and it was a revelation. Some reading this thread might think the Dremel is just a sharpening stone, but it includes a guide and shims and, after about 10 minutes of reading the instructions, you can sharpen a chain on the saw in only a few minutes. I think this is the greatest item in the whole Dremel lineup.

/ Timber Tuff chainsaw sharpener, Any good? #22  
The beauty of being able to sharpen with a file & gage is that you don't need electricity, so you can throw a few files, a handle and a gage into a leather pouch and take it with you. Despite my best efforts that doggone bar seems to be magnetically attracted to grit and nails and being able to put a sharp edge back on the teeth in 10 or 15 minutes can get you back to the business of cutting wood.

Keep it light enough to travel...

/ Timber Tuff chainsaw sharpener, Any good? #23  
it just like anything you have you have to learn how to use it. i have used all method,but i had to learn all method. the more control you have to make all the same THE BETTER, but you have to learn what makes a chain cut to to do a good job

/ Timber Tuff chainsaw sharpener, Any good? #24  
I used to always sharpen by hand with a round file and guide. It worked fine but after years of manual labor my old arthritic hands needed a break.
So for one birthday, my wife bought me an Oregon grinder and I must say, I love it. No hand pain and quick, accurate sharpening.
It is a no brainer for me.