Snow tips connecting MF2360 snowblower

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #1  

sarekr

Tractor
Massey 2400
I'm not farmilar with how to work the locking collar on the driveline yoke from the Snowblower (it's itme 1 in the assembly diagram).

Any tips on how to push the yoke over the collar? I know it must click to seat correctly. This is only my second time putting the blower on (Massey GC 2400) and I get stuck working the **** thing correctly/

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #2  
IIRC, you push it forward to release the balls. I wonder if there is a method to retain it forward, a string or wire? Then release the retainer after the dollar is over the drive shaft. This method might be even more efficient for the mower deck than just the snow blower.

I will experiment this week when I mount my own 2360.

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower
will try it and let you know...thanks I hate going thru the new stage and little thinks like this can take so long to figure out / get used to. Especially since you only do it once a season. That why this forum is so great.

Thanks much blackd

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #4  
It works the same as the mower driveshaft. Slide the collar towards the u-joint, slide it on the shaft, then release. Push it the whole way on, then pull back slightly. Listen for the click, and wiggle it, to be sure it seated properly.

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #5  
Try sliding the two pieces together just a bit without doing anything at first, just to make sure you get the splines and grooves lined up-- just push it on far enough to feel this, though that can be tricky-- try to hold one part still and rotate the other until they line up and begin to slide together.

Then pull back on the locking ring and slide on the rest of the way, listening for the click.

I find it darned near impossible to hold the locking ring back while --at the same time-- trying to line up the splines!

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #6  
Do not forget to push the "driveline support" metal tab down on its hinge or it will cut through the plastic driveline guard, :thumbsup:. KC :D :D :D

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #7  
"Do not forget to push the "driveline support" metal tab down on its hinge or it will cut through the plastic driveline guard"

Uh, Gee.... I've never forgotten that!:ashamed::laughing:

Good point, KC!

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #8  
I picked up a tip somewhere on this forum--
When dismounting the blower next spring, just leave the front driveshaft connected, release the lock lever, back up, it will separate in the telescoping portion, leave the rear half on the front mount, front half stays on the blower, when remounting it's a lot easier to line up the square halves, they just slip together!

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #9  
"Do not forget to push the "driveline support" metal tab down on its hinge or it will cut through the plastic driveline guard"

Uh, Gee.... I've never forgotten that!:ashamed::laughing:

Good point, KC!

irvingj, without any help or instructions from my dealer, I learned about this fold down tab the hard way, :mad: :mur:. KC :D :D :D

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #10  
I installed the 2360 drive shaft yesterday, and it is much easier to install than the short mower deck without any special tools. As with any splined shaft the key is to get the splines aligned. While rolling around under the tractor I thought it might have been easier to install the front before lifting and placing the mount on the tractor. At least that would just leave aligning the rear of the shaft to the transmission. This is easier if I drive the rear of the tractor up onto ramps for more clearance.

For those with snow blowers on their GCs, do you have cabs? Yet?