Snow tips connecting MF2360 snowblower

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #11  
"For those with snow blowers on their GCs, do you have cabs? Yet?"

Nope. :(

Where I park it, a cab would be an extremely tight fit, if even possible. I just tough it out and wear a rain suit over insulated coveralls.

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #12  
When I was pricing tractors, I had a cab on the shopping list, this was before I got my blower, It is from M-F (Curtis Cab), not heated, just to keep the wind and snow off me, It is on all year, just remove doors in summer.

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #13  
   / tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #14  
No cab on mine.

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #15  
I've had my 2610 with backhoe for 3.5 years and just now joined this forum.

In January I bought a 2360 SB from a local dealer. Because of a snow drought in NH I got to use it for the first time March 1st. When mounting I noticed the drive shaft will slip off the output shaft because it floats in the drive lines. I asked some one who also has a 2360 and he said it is a known problem because the drive shaft is too short. His came off and broke so he had one made. Nicely done and long enough to compensate for the 3 + " of slip.

After several attemps to get the shaft to saty on I tried it out before the storm at low rpm and the drive shaft slipped off and snapped off the rear U Joint on the PTO shaft.

The dealer is no help however it is under warranty. I also showed this problem to a crew of engineers at work and they suggested putting in a pin to limit the forward float.

Has anyone else experience this problem.

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #16  
hogman, it was a while ago so I'm not remembering all the details, but there a few cases of driveshaft slip-outs causing extensive damage on the 2360 blower. If you do a search, I posted some pics of the proper set-up for the quick-coupler.

It seems that, at least on some cases, the set screws on the short shaft that goes through the quick-coupler loosened and allowed that shaft to slide (forward, I believe), which reduced the overlap on the PTO driveshaft-- which resulted in the shaft slipping off and slamming around under the tractor.

I never had the problem with mine, but I did, just in case, purchase a driveshaft yoke from a supplier that had about 1 inch more of splined-shaft length in order to increase the overlap. Someone else had done that, which solved their problem. (Since I've never had the issue, I've never installed it.) The idea was that it would replace the yoke on the end of the 3' mid-PTO driveshaft.

I think if you search for "driveshaft" with the 2300 series tractors, you'll find it. (Perhaps soemone with a memory better than mine could be more specific...:ashamed:)

Take a look at the pic below- is this where the shaft slipped off? (That's where is slips onto the rear of the quick-hitch coupler business.)

WBB in NH

Attachments

• driveshaft yoke 2.JPG
    driveshaft yoke 2.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 502
   / tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #17  
Thanks for your reply Irvingj.

From your post I read you were also unhappy with the amount of engagement of the yoke. Good buy on your part.

Yes, the output shaft "floted" toward the SB enough to slip the yoke out and destroyed the u-joint on the PTO side of the drivesgaft.

The connection to the SB of the floting male shaft is bolted onto the SB shaft as there is a bolt hole through both. Did this because the u-joint material is a cast steel and the set screw was stretching the threads when I torqued it similar to ones here at work which are all hard steel.

I had read several problems as you describe and I experienced with this mount configuration and should have contacted the dealer before the incident. After the dealer played dumb, as expected when I explained the problem and gave him the web sites to check it out for themselves. I will be there Saturday with the broken shaft looking for a warranty replacement.

On another subject. Nice Corsair in the picture. I flew at the Laconia airport for a while about 15 years ago. Gave it up to ride the Harley, hunt, fish and sport shoot. I built a FW190D9 from a pico kit. Never flew it but I heard it was a great flyer.

/ tips connecting MF2360 snowblower #18  
Good luck with the warranty, hogman, I hope it works out all right.

As I said, I've never installed the new yoke, because I never had the drifting issues with the short shaft in the quick hitch (but I'm keeping it, just in case!).

So far so good, anyway. When I read about the problems others were having, I checked the set screws, tightening them up with a bit of Loctite on them, after ensuring the shaft's position was correct.

If you're interested, I ordered the replacement 6" slip yoke (through a tip from another TBN member) from Inland Truck Parts in Overland Park, KS.

Seems like it was around $30 or less, and came with a new u-joint. Their part number is 014 812-0615.

In the pics, you can see the original yoke connected to the quick-hitch subframe, and in another pic, the replacement yoke, for comparison. The new one is about an inch longer in the splines.

Attachments

• QuickHitch man. p.14.JPG
    QuickHitch man. p.14.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 199
  • quick hitch stub shaft.JPG
    quick hitch stub shaft.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 213
  • driveshaft yoke 2.JPG
    driveshaft yoke 2.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 217
  • replacement yoke.JPG
    replacement yoke.JPG