Grading Tips for grading driveway?

/ Tips for grading driveway? #31  
To all:
I got some crushed limestone delivered yesterday, what they called 411. I had no problem spreading the 2B I put down two years ago, but this stuff is a different animal. After reading all the info here, am I to understand that after getting it *close* to how I want it, that I then go over it again with my landscape rake? It isn't bad now, but I too have the slight dips and rises from the back blade undulating in relation to the tractor.
Or, do I need to make a drag and angle it?

Thanks for clearing this up for me if you would.

/ Tips for grading driveway? #32  
KC,

I'm in the same predicament as you except my driveway is way steep. I use a rear blade (heavy duty model) and still get washboarding. I set my crown angle by adjusting the one side of the 3 point up and down.

Anyway one of the locals with much more experience than myself suggested I use a york rake with wheels. He said backblading is an art and takes patience....I think he's right. The first time I used it my driveway looked like a crash site!

I'm gonna try the york in a couple of weeks and will report back.

Good Luck!

washoarding is caused by either wrong tilt angle and groudn speed. i used to have the same problem. i went online and downloaded a gravel road maintenace pdf and i found it to be very helpful, it shows the correct crown, where the tilt should be, how to seperate any larger rocks out if the road as your blading and much more, if any of this is helpful, your welcome. i have been doing the family road for several years now,

/ Tips for grading driveway? #33  
I have a 1/4 mile of unfinished (not paved) road. Base is 3 inch and topped with 2-3 inches of concrete (finely chopped pieces less than 1/4 inch) dust (could also use 1/4 inch dirty stone dust). I use a rear blade turned backwards to loosen the material and get it "fluffed" up then go over it with a section of chain link fencing (6'x 6') to smooth out the ripples (also works well to level new lawn bases)