Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #1  

Gryz

Tractor
Yanmar SA424
I have a compact Yanmar SA424 and was wondering what the proper PSI is for the rear tires when they are loaded with ballast? I have searched and cannot find a definitive answer. I'm sure it depends on a few factors, so I could give more details if needed.

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #2  
When I received my Kioti from the dealer they had inflated the loaded tires to the recommended PSI listed in the manual.

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast
Thank you. The manual says 30PSI for my R4 tires, which seems like a lot considering almost 75% of the volume is now filled with ballast.

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #6  
If you used a ballast box have it mounted. Get your tires wet. Drive across dry concrete. Adjust tire pressure to just get full contact.

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #7  
30 PSI for a rear tire seems high but possible. I think mine is around 15 rear and 25 front. I run the rears softer and have never had issue with bead slip.

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #8  
I have R-4's and run 40 PSI front and 15 PSI rear with liquid ballast

Last edited:
   / Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast
I have R-4's and run 35 PSI front and 15 PSI rear with liquid ballast
This is about what I assumed would be suggested. Guess I will start here and see how it goes.

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #10  
I run my front R4's at max sidewall pressure (45 in my case) because I use the loader a lot. Filled rears are 15 psi.