Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #11  
Thank you. The manual says 30PSI for my R4 tires, which seems like a lot considering almost 75% of the volume is now filled with ballast.
You’re confusing air pressure with volume. There will be less volume of air in a tire filled with liquid ballast, but the pressure of that air can be the same as an unfilled tire.

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #12  
FWIW here's the tire ballast chart in Goodyear Tire Farm Handbook:

tireballastchart-gif.200467

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #13  
30 seems pretty high. I use the parked on pavement trick for R4’s, if the whole tread is touching without a lot of sidewall overhang you’re good.

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #14  
My Kubota M6040 with FEL, grapple, rear blade and RimGuard loaded rear tires weighs a tad over 10K pounds.

I have R-1 tires all around. Run 15 pounds in the rear tires.

In the summer - drive the tractor out onto the dry gravel driveway. Check to see that the tires leave a full chevron contact patch.

If the contact patch is total - all is well.

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #15  
30 seems pretty high. I use the parked on pavement trick for R4’s, if the whole tread is touching without a lot of sidewall overhang you’re good.
I agree. I do it visually by sidewall bulge empty and with a load. I'll also look at the lug pattern when I'm cultivating.
Never had any kind of problem.

/ Tire Pressure for Rears with Ballast #16  
30 PSI for a rear tire seems high but possible. I think mine is around 15 rear and 25 front. I run the rears softer and have never had issue with bead slip.
Depends on the type of tire. R1s usually have soft sidewalls on the larger tractors at least and 18 PSI is the highest I have seen. 18 on my R1s rounds the tread contact and that's why I run a lower pressure watching for total ground contact across the tread.