Tire Sealers... Do they work ??

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #11  
try www.gemplers.com. They have different grades of sealer (military grade will seal up to a 3/8 inch hole) and sell it by the quart, gal or 5 gal pail. They also have specs for different tire sizes so you know how much to put in and how much you need. I put it in my tractor, lawn tractor, wheel barrows etc. Worked great on low pressure tires for preventing slow leaks. Lawnmower sat all winter and didn't lose pressure. I'm a convert.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #12  
another great sealer is Berryman's tire sealer we used it on our L3010 , haven't had a flat since.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #13  
I am assuming these sealers won't work if you have your tires ballasted, am I correct in this assumption ?

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #14  
Keep in mind that some sealers are combustible, so be sure and remember this if you ever have to have your tires worked on. Seems I remember someone getting hurt or killed fairly recently working on a wheel with the tire still on it when it had tire snot in it. (sorry, slime) /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif In addition to that, some dealers, like mine will not take the tires in on trade or dispose of them...they bag them and give them back to the owner if they have new tires put on. It's not nice stuff to work with after it's in the tire...i've seen it.

I solved the same problem you had by having my filled with a gel sold by Agco called Soft-fil. Nice stuff. It fills the tire but doesn't leave it solid, the tire acts just like it was filled with air, but will not go flat for any reason...run over whatever and keep driving. It also adds weight to the tires, if i remember right, the front tires on my BX weighed about 45#s after filling. Cost is also a factor...the fronts were about $60 each to fill, but the results have been well worth it to me.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #15  
another great sealer is Berryman's tire sealer we used it on our L3010 , haven't had a flat since.

i also used berryman but found it didnt work near as weel as the green slime

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #16  
I put some of Polaris sealer in my ATV tires about 3 years ago after the kid got into some Locust thorns. Just couldn't find the leak. Solved that problem. I have pulled thorns out of the tires several times with no long term problems. I am not sure who makes it for Polaris but it is tan colored and and found out it is water based because he also bounced the bike off a stump and popped the tire bead loose. After we re-monted the tire the stuff that leaked out just washed off with water.

I wish I knew who made the stuff because it would have to be cheaper than what Polaris charges. I would like to put it in my tractor.

PS. New tractor.. While washing it I found 2 plugs in one tire. Called dealer he said sometimes the crate staples puncture them and they have a local tire store fix them.. Said he didn't know how they fixed them. My thought "Ya Right". He is going to give me a new tire.......

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #17  
I've never seen the "slime" (maybe because I haven't looked for it), but I've used both Amerseal and Berryman's from Tractor Supply Co. with very satisfactory results. I've also noticed that Country Home Products (DR trimmer/mower and other tool company) sells the Amerseal.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #18  
Bird,

Are the Amerseal and Berryman water based? The post above us said that dealers won't mess with tires that have been slimed. Like I said earlier about the stuff I used in my ATV "it just washed off". Seems a dealer wouldn't have a problem with something he could hose off........

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #19  
Tom, the Amerseal is definitely water soluable. In fact, I just found their web site <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.amerseal.com/>here </A>. Try that and click on their FAQ and read that. Wow! I've only used it in tractor, riding mower, and Kawasaki Mule tires, but their FAQ is so impressive, maybe I should have it in my car and truck tires./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

And the Berryman's? I don't really remember for sure. I only used it once when Tractor Supply Co. was out of Amerseal and if fixed my slow leak problem in the small tires on a little Craftsman chipper/shredder. And I'm not impressed with their web site <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.berrymanproducts.com/default.htm> here</A>.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #20  
<font color=blue>"Tractor Supply Co. was out of Amerseal"</font color=blue>

I just looked in the TSC Blue Book and didn't see any Amerseal. I found Slime and Berryman's each listed there, but no Amerseal. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif