Tire Sealers... Do they work ??

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #31  
<font color=blue>only seals the tread area, not the sidewalls</font color=blue>

I think that will be true with just about any of the products. And since the guy at the Corsicana store also told me they only sell the Slime and Berryman's, it does make me wonder. As someone else has already said, the MasterSeal is in the 2001 Blue Book, but I don't have a 2002 book.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #32  
Bird,

Master seal is listed in the 2002 Blue book right between the Gunk and Slime sealants.

Don

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #33  
I have Michelin Symmetry tires on the Mercury - they are made of pretty soft (and quiet) rubber. After my third flat from very small debris in as many months, I went to Chief Auto Parts and bought Monkey Grip sealant. No flats or leaks since then, and I didn't patch the third puncture - just let the Monkey Grip handle it.

So far, so good - knock on wood!

Jim

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #34  
I wish I could remember what the stuff was called, but when I bought my B7100 in '93 the dealer installed sealer in the front tires. The stuff was blue and not too sticky when first exposed to the air but got that way pretty quick. I punched a dime sized hole in a front tire once and the stuff actually sealed the leak long enough to get out of where I was and get back to the barn.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #35  
<font color=blue>"As someone else has already said, the MasterSeal is in the 2001 Blue Book, but I don't have a 2002 book"</font color=blue>

That was me and, since I'm home now, I just looked at my 2002 Blue Book from TSC and right there on page 276 is Masterseal. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #36  
we do allot of mowing each week and prior to adding slime to our tires we spend countles hours fixing tires and tubes all the time.

good luck

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #37  
the bottle of slime has a formula on it to figure out how much you need. it works i have slime in my fronts.

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #38  
I am considering putting tire sealer in my tires. I called the JD place to get an idea of how much it would be. Figured it might be better to use their stuff in case I had a tire problem.. they would know what it is if they had to fix tires later. Runs about 28 bucks a gallon. Said to put a gallon in each of the rears and 1/2 in the fronts.

I am going to mow in a field that has multifloral and probably some Osage, although I scanned it best as I could on foot and removed most of it. Never get it all, though!! I am hoping that it doesn't end up in my tires, but been there and done that before. Tires attract that stuff like a magnet.

Thought I would ask for any better ideas. I have fairly old tires on my JD670 (I am sure they are the original ones and I do believe my tractor is a 1989 model based on the VIN number. I dont' want to get stuck out there needing to fix tires, so opinions please!!!

Thanks!

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #39  
Other than natural longevity and superior traction, that is the next most valuable trait of the big ag tires... toughness. I know I've run over citrus thorns that would have impaled turf tires, but didn't bother the ag's.

Soundguy

/ Tire Sealers... Do they work ?? #40  
I used Berryman in the front R4 tires of my 4300. Our land was full of wild rose bushes. The tractor must have pushed over a hundred of them. After my second flat the Berryman's went in and not a problem since.