Tires, liners, and foam

/ Tires, liners, and foam #21  
I called a couple of places to inquire about the cost and weight of a foam filled tire. The cost was $2.00 per pound and my little 11.2 x 24 inch rear tires would cost between $550 and $600 each to fill.
The weight was enormous. Including the weight of my wheels and rubber they would be nearly 400 pounds each. I can't lift that or even roll it for that matter.
I think I would need two tractors. One to lift the wheels while I moved them around.

I just have my front tires foamed. They are the ones that where getting flats all the time. In fact, I think I've only had one flat on my rear tires on my small tractor and a couple on my big tractor. I can't tell you how many times I've had flats on the front tires, but would guess its several dozen times over the years before foaming them.

It's a lot of money, and they are heavy, but since there is no reason to pick them up, it's not too bad to install them. Just raise or lower the jack so it's just right and they go right on pretty easily. Now that they are foamed, there isn't any reason to take them off. If you don't drive on pavement, the tires will last decades.

Eddie