TN 65 keeps blowing fuse when you try to start it

/ TN 65 keeps blowing fuse when you try to start it #21  
Robert,
With those symptoms, your starter and solenoid are probably alright.
I'll bet it's a loose connection or bad ground somewhere. Often, a loose connection jiggles around enough to allow starting when it makes good contact. But it also builds up a layer of oxidation or crud as it arcs, which makes it no good until the next jiggle to a fresh connection. When it does that, your TN won't start and it causes a lot of resistance possibly causing the fuse to blow. I would check through your electrical connections, clean and tighten them one at a time.
Rob-

/ TN 65 keeps blowing fuse when you try to start it
Thanks Rob, when it acts up again I will do that and hopefully find the problem.

/ TN 65 keeps blowing fuse when you try to start it #23  
That third small terminal on the starter, is a remote starting point for key type starting. All it is doing is connecting two heavy duty terminals via a solenoid to the starting windings. A screw driver across those large terminals will start about 95 % of the starters that I have seen. That is one of the best ways to test a stater. You can also take a jumper cable and touch the starter terminal itself to turn it over. You can pull it and lay it on the ground and touch a neg cable to the case, and the 12V+ cable to the start terminal. If it turns good, then it is good.

If it will turn the engine over, then the starter is most likely good. Look elsewhere for the trouble. A starter circuit is very simple. 12 v to the small terminal and the starter should start. A lot of the lights bells and whistles are for safety, like the clutch has to be in, etc. You do want to be careful about testing the starter, if you have a clutch, it should be locked out. Tractors with gears should be out of gear. Mechanical speed control off. etc, etc. I have some experience at reading electronic diagrams, 22 yr electronics technician/operator, so if you could post a wiring diagram, it would be most helpful, and there are others, smarter than me on this forum also.

Clean all the terminals. especially battery terminals. and solenoid terminals.