TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,361  
It was $250 for the weekend. I picked it up Friday afternoon and had it back to them this morning by 8:00 a.m.

There was a meter on it. I glanced at my receipt this morning and I want to say I had ran it for about two hours. Not even long enough to empty the gas tank. I will double check that tonight when I get home.

Some of that time it was idling while we pulled more debris from the pile. Hook up the chains, pull three or four trees out, cut the limbs, pile 'em up, etc... If I had everything ready to be chipped, it would have gone a lot quicker.

I was probably out there for about 8 hours on Saturday, had two friends come by for about 6 hours to help (and what a help it was!!!), and 3 or so by myself on Sunday.

TWO HOURS! That is pretty impressive for that size of a pile of chips.
Did you need to hand feed it or was there a hopper you could fill? I'm thinking could I just drop grapple loads direct into a hopper and it chips away???

You've got me thinking...

Thanks,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,362  
Even with my little PTO chipper, having help is great, though I rarely do. I feel like the chipper should always be working when the revs are up there at 540 on the PTO.

I always have my brush all laid out with the big ends even and close to the hopper. So, even if I'm alone, I'm feeding the thing as fast as I can.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,363  
Well the wind quit for an hour today:D
Was able to get the plastic off both greenhouses in the nick of time, wind just came back up as I got the 2nd one folded. Never could have done it in time without the tractor, was able to put a pallet in the forks and position the tractor all the way along the end walls with the pallet raised so I could start on the backhoe stabilizer and moved forward to pallet pulling z strips so only had to climb up and down once for each end, was afraid it would never calm down enuff to get the plastic off:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,364  
I mowed my grass for the last time this fall. Guess I'll clean up the deck, sharpen the blades and hang it on the wall of the barn for the winter.

Ian

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,365  
TWO HOURS! That is pretty impressive for that size of a pile of chips.
Did you need to hand feed it or was there a hopper you could fill? I'm thinking could I just drop grapple loads direct into a hopper and it chips away???

You've got me thinking...

Thanks,
David

The back door folds down. It creates a platform, probably 3' wide, that feeds into a 6" hole. That's where the feeder drum is. It has teeth that grab the debris and feed it into the blade housing. So, it's automatic once the drum grabs it, but you have to manually push the debris to that point. Throw a pile of brush on the tray and once the drum grabs it, most of the time all of the debris will get sucked in.

You could use the grapple to load the bin, but I still think you'd have to push it in to the drum manually. Might be worth the time to swing by a rental place and eye-ball it. See what you think.

I always have my brush all laid out with the big ends even and close to the hopper. So, even if I'm alone, I'm feeding the thing as fast as I can.

I had a pile ready to go on Saturday morning. I had been working on making that pile for a few weeks. Took about 30 minutes to chip through it. Pretty quick work once it's laid out.
:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,366  
Wife and I cleared up 2 down tree limbs in our lower horse pasture. It twas (gettin the Xmas spirit here) a big job! Sure am glad the whole tree didn't go, probably would have left it.
IMG_0132_1.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,368  
Finally got going on a little project I've been thinking about for a few months that would free up a little floor space during the winter months. Love it when anyone asks "Why did you have to get a bucket or forks?".:D

Now to clean up the rest of the pig sty.

Attachments

• DSCF4174.JPG
    DSCF4174.JPG
    891 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCF4181.JPG
    DSCF4181.JPG
    877.8 KB · Views: 300
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,369  
Finally got going on a little project I've been thinking about for a few months that would free up a little floor space during the winter months. Love it when anyone asks "Why did you have to get a bucket or forks?".:D

Now to clean up the rest of the pig sty.
That is exactly what I want to do with our snowmobiles for the summer and the garden tractor for the winter. I would also like to put our ZTR mower up on one of those for the winter but I know the 2320 won't lift it.:thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,370  
I have all the front end sheet metal and hood off, but the tractor is still useable. Good thing as I needed it to move this behemoth out of my garage to its new home in the barn. No way I would have been able to move it by myself without the loader.

p_00278.jpg p_00280.jpg