TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,651  
Spent the last couple days finishing up next year's firewood and making room for the 2013/14 wood delivery coming this week.
I also got a few utility poles earlier this year that needed to be moved out of the way before the wood comes. They are heavy. I used the grapple to push them most of the way. The tractor couldn't lift them completely so I did one end at a time.

Welcome to TBN

WeeOh - you spend some time working up wood. How much you got there ? The neat pile in the second picture looks like 25 or 30 cord but it is hard to tell so I might be way off.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,652  
Welcome to TBN

WeeOh - you spend some time working up wood. How much you got there ? The neat pile in the second picture looks like 25 or 30 cord but it is hard to tell so I might be way off.

Thanks. The second picture is 8 cord, the third picture is 4 cord. I enjoy doing it & it's good exercise even if you cheat and use a splitter.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,653  
Thanks. The second picture is 8 cord, the third picture is 4 cord. I enjoy doing it & it's good exercise even if you cheat and use a splitter.

I guess I was way off. I thought you piles looked 25' or 30' long, 5 or 6 feet high, with 24" sticks. Definately good exercise - even with a splitter.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,654  
A break in the rain!!!!

Helped the neighbors pull parts of their fallen down old chickenhouse-turned-tool shed away. Big nasty job made a little easier by the tractor.

Going out into the woods now to bring in some more mushroom logs. Getting them from some recently fallen trees. Then I'll go after some big snow-broken fir limbs for my high grade firewood stash.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,655  
Spent four hours plowing with a disk cutter--harrow--..Very dry, so there was little chance of getting stuck...Earth smelled fine, and temp was low seventies....Then an hour to clean the tractor JD 4020 and lubricate, so I can do ten more ac tomorrow :) Nice Tony

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,656  
I decided to go after some limbs I had already cut to lengths for the buzz saw later. I put on the bucket forks and and drove uphill to the pile with no problems. When I tried backing out with the weight on the front, pffffft! Sunk the front end to the axle and the rears just spun. I had to dump the bucket load and take off the forks to use the loader to push myself out.

My next job was going to be to do the 50s maintenance as I hit 250 hrs today. But I had to wash all the mud off first.

stuckmud_003.jpg

stuckmud_001.jpg

I got the greasing done and headed out and got 13 nice mushroom logs from the woods. The weather was beautiful.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,657  
Well did some sorting of attachments in the back with the tractor, but came across this old HEAVY John Deere bucket and that we never use anymore. and well i was figureing i could make this into a nice ballast box or ballast bucket! :D so i mounted the bottom hooks and made it fit the Imatch hitch. just have to make the toplink tomorrow. it weights abut 400 lbs empty so its going to get a layer of concrete on the bottom then filled with some old cast iron wheel weights, then fill with sand and top off with a cap of concrete and form a tray to put chains etc in. :thumbsup: hope thos works well!! :licking:

Attachments

• bucket.jpg
    bucket.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 249
  • bucket1.jpg
    bucket1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 230
  • bucket2.jpg
    bucket2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 217
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,658  
Well did some sorting of attachments in the back with the tractor, but came across this old HEAVY John Deere bucket and that we never use anymore. and well i was figureing i could make this into a nice ballast box or ballast bucket! :D so i mounted the bottom hooks and made it fit the Imatch hitch. just have to make the toplink tomorrow. it weights abut 400 lbs empty so its going to get a layer of concrete on the bottom then filled with some old cast iron wheel weights, then fill with sand and top off with a cap of concrete and form a tray to put chains etc in. :thumbsup: hope thos works well!! :licking:

Do you think it will be heavy enough :D

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,659  
It was near fifty in WNY today, so I took the opportunity to grade the driveway with my new ratchet rake and box blade. Came out pretty nice for a rookie! Course it made it evident I need a couple loads of the fresh stuff....

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,660  
well ive been getting alot of seat time on the 4 wheeler going to check cows that are ready to calve.my great nephew was upset because he couldnt go with me.so when i got back an fed the calf.i took him for a short ride on the tractor.an he was happy,as he loves riding the tractor.