TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,661  
I have put another 3 hours of seat time working on my road grading project today. Stopped for lunch and am getting ready to head out and get some more seat time this afternoon. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,662  
I moved the tractor out of the garage yesterday so that I could change the oil on my mother's car and change her rear brake pads, so technically I used the tractor I guess. There's been no snow to shovel or plow so the tractor has not seen any work since November. Honestly with all the rain we had this fall the tractor really hasn't seen any work since the beginning of September. Maybe it'll snow and I'll get to use it a little bit this winter, but I'm thinking that this winter will remain without snow.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,663  
Finished my Ballast bucket today! very happy on how it turned out :thumbsup: it had a crack in the bottom so i put 1 80lb bag of concrete in the bottom then put some sand in and added to heavy rocks, filled with sand and added water to compact all down. put the wood edge on and hammered down a 2x4 in each corner to secure. put some rebar in it then added another 3 bags of concrete for the top, i put the pvc coupler in after i did the first pour, so i scopped it out pressed it in and reformed around it. and i bet i have every bit of 1200lbs of weight, and if i needed more i can add sides and pour more concrete i just need to make a stand since it likes to roll :D now time to watch the
superbowl and have a :drink: !!!! hope you all like it and tell me what you think!

Attachments

• bucketfin1.jpg
    bucketfin1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 195
  • bucketfin2.jpg
    bucketfin2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 190
  • bucketfin3.jpg
    bucketfin3.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 180
  • bucketfinn4.jpg
    bucketfinn4.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 217
  • bucketfin5.jpg
    bucketfin5.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 178
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,664  
Finished my Ballast bucket today! very happy on how it turned out :thumbsup: it had a crack in the bottom so i put 1 80lb bag of concrete in the bottom then put some sand in and added to heavy rocks, filled with sand and added water to compact all down. put the wood edge on and hammered down a 2x4 in each corner to secure. put some rebar in it then added another 3 bags of concrete for the top, i put the pvc coupler in after i did the first pour, so i scopped it out pressed it in and reformed around it. and i bet i have every bit of 1200lbs of weight, and if i needed more i can add sides and pour more concrete i just need to make a stand since it likes to roll :D now time to watch the
superbowl and have a :drink: !!!! hope you all like it and tell me what you think!

Good job, plemty of weight it should work just fine.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,665  
Finally got some seat time in: hauled my logs out to the paved road way, loaded half on to the trailer to haul to the mill. Really want my own mill, but hard to justify. This is only one seasons worth....

Attachments

• 2012-02-04 (2).jpg
    2012-02-04 (2).jpg
    561.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 2011-02-05 (3).jpg
    2011-02-05 (3).jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 2011-02-05 (2).jpg
    2011-02-05 (2).jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 207
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,666  
Tried out my new grapple today! Been wanting one from day one! I'm stoked to start cutting and hauling wood.
Thanks for all the help getting it hooked up :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,667  
Yesterday was the first day since I got my Kioti CK27 to get some real seat time. Loaded it up on my buddy's 16 trailer and headed to my Son's in-laws and worked for about 4hrs. The more I get to work with the tractor the more I like it. I was very impressed with myself, he had a lot of request to have done. he asked if i could cut a bank? I had my buddy's Leinbach SO-7 scarper blade I made a nice grade out of that. WOW. My own Leinbach SO came today I see it is much improved from the old one, it has a lot more angle adjustments. I searched VA and NC for one. Found one last Thursday from a place called Wolfe Farm Equip. in Covington VA. In fact they had 2 could be the last 2 every to be made. I called Leinbach and the guy said they had orders for some but was not sure they would have any made. This is Sad it is one of the most versatile blades in that price range. It is a shame they may not make them anymore.

Total hrs now 24. and loving it :D

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,668  
This weekend I gave up on winter... removed the snow plow, removed the tire chains, removed the box blade & 3pt arms, installed the backhoe & FEL bucket.

I then used the backhoe to dig out and relocate 3 rocks for my rock collection, dig out three stumps, and dig out a metal pole cemented in the ground by the previous property owner.

So far the backhoe is the most fun part of using the tractor!

-Jeff

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,670  

Should make a great counter weight. :thumbsup:
But I have to show my ignorance and ask what the hole is for?