TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #172  
1.5 hours retilling the garden along with tilling up parts of the yard for reseeding. Any excuse will do! :p

Troy

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #173  
Couldn't do it yesterday--- But Monday I managed to pull out 6 logs to the back yard area where I am gonng cut them up.

I do have one tree I am going to cut down. it's small about 5 inches across...

now if I can just get a few good dry days to level and smooth then I'll plant some grass!!!

J

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #174  
Used my "new" used two bottom plow to plow my garden today. A little wet but I just couldn't wait.:D I'm Itchin' to play in the dirt.

Mark

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #177  
Split more firewood (and moved it to its drying location with the 'bota):
IMG_0134.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #178  
Split more firewood (and moved it to its drying location with the 'bota):
IMG_0134.jpg

That is a nifty setup you got there. DO you have a bunch of the built for easy moving ans storage? How much does it hold? I have been pondering build something similar to easily move my wood around instead of restacking it all the time.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #179  
That is a nifty setup you got there. DO you have a bunch of the built for easy moving ans storage? How much does it hold? I have been pondering build something similar to easily move my wood around instead of restacking it all the time.

I just got the wood stove this year, so I'm building these as I go. I got a bunch of free pallets, and have been using pressure treated 2x4's for the sides, and salvaged slats from broken pallets for the top part that ties the sides together (saves me a $3 PT 2x4 per pallet).

They're 40" side (width of the pallets), and 4' tall. So, they hold a little less than 1/2 face cord. This is about all my little B7100 can lift with it's paltry 400lb rear lift capacity. I have a front fork as well, but I use the rear carry all, as putting this load on the back tires is much easier on the lawn, and steering. I would estimate the weight of the pallet loaded with freshly-split still-green oak to be about 500lbs, bassed on the fact the 3PH struggles to pick it up, and it is OK with my 400+ lb box blade. I do need to adjust the 3PH relief valve, as it is only allowing 1500PSI, where the system is rated for 1700 PSI (which would give about another 50lbs lift capability).

The hydraulic top-link is key to making this work, as my ground is uneven, and I need tilt capability to level the fork to slide out of the pallet.

As you stated, I built these to eliminate the need to restack, and handle each piece multiple times (load on the trailer, remove from trailer and stack). Once dried, these will get moved to a covered location, and replaced with more freshly split wood.

Regards,
Jay

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME
Mowed most of the front yard with the BX23.
That's the first mowing of it for this season.
Mowed with the Fel and the BH attached .
Even had the clamp on forks on the FEL Bucket.

I got a bunch of free pallets,
Regards,Jay
I get all the Free pallets I can use from Lowes.
Any body need free Pallets check with Lowes.
I just go get then whenever I want.
Drive right up beside the stacks and load up as many as i want and drive away with them.
Don't even have to check with any body first or upon leaving.
It's simply drive in load up and drive off.