TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,791  
Yesterday I drove the tractor down to my neighbor who lives at the end of the pavement.

I had been unable to #1 prove it was the correct size, and #2 buy a 22mm box wrench to stop my hyd leak on the FEL.

He is a retired mechanic, he has MANY, MANY tools!

We fixed it right up. Yup it was a 22mm as I suspected...

But I also got this... Old BH Counterweight - How heavy is it? - TractorByNet.com

That he thought was 1,000 or more lbs (no way, I was able to lever it up on end and flip it over by hand. It was danged heavy, but not that heavy...

I'm thinking it will be a NICE part of my homebrew ballast/tool box as soon as I get aroundtuit... :thumbsup:

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,792  
I finally took about 12 dead trees out from around the property. Some could be just pushed over, some need a chainsaw persuasion. Dragged the remains into the woods and left them there to rot away.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,794  
Spent hours sunday getting the new middlebuster set-up for my little b7300. I moved the blade nearly 9 inches higher in the mount and now it clears the ground when transporting... by about 3 inches.

Then I went out and used it as a makeshift plow for turning over my new garden. It worked very well, and I was happy with how the 16hp tractor pulled it. Only got hung up twice, and both were on sizable roots.

Does Alfalfa have large roots?

Also moved a bunch of fill dirt around while I have access to it before the developer moves the huge mound from the lot next to mine.
-----------------------------

Tonight I'm going to teach my wife how to plow with the middlebuster and let her work the garden up a little bit more while I rake and level the area.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,795  
We had a brush pile that has been growing for the last 2+ years. I got a 48 hr burn permit on Sunday and attempted to burn it Sunday evening. It was too wet and compacted. We didn't get much of it burned. Last evening (Monday), we tried again with more success. The warm day had dried the pile out, so it went a bit better. Between the two sessions, we got about half of the whole thing burned.

Today, I took the afternoon off (I'm retired from one job and work part-time on another). I put the backhoe back on the tractor. Then I dug out a buried log beside the driveway that had been heaved up on one end by frost. I also pulled out a couple of very small stubs.

With the above as a warm-up activity, I headed for the brush pile. I pretty much turned the pile over with the hoe, fluffed it up, and pushed the edges in. I'll get another burn permit on Friday and hopefully turn the rest into smoke and ash. I can't wait too long to do the burning. If the dry weather continues, they will shut off the burning permits.

Anyway, it was good to use the tractor again for something other than snow removal. It was also good to use the backhoe again.:)

My property is pretty wet and tender. I'll have to wait until things dry out some before I really get back to cleaning up the rocks and stumps.

Beg, borrow, steal, or as last resort, buy a leaf blower and get a 'little forced air' on that pile. You wouldn't believe the difference. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,796  
Beg, borrow, steal, or as last resort, buy a leaf blower and get a 'little forced air' on that pile. You wouldn't believe the difference. :thumbsup:

This is what we call turbo charged camp fire. Sometimes you have to work your way up to full charge, kinda hit the side of the fire with the blower idling, then more direct up to full on throttle where its hard to stand next to the fire. Then grab a marshmallow or two. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,797  
This is what we call turbo charged camp fire. Sometimes you have to work your way up to full charge, kinda hit the side of the fire with the blower idling, then more direct up to full on throttle where its hard to stand next to the fire. Then grab a marshmallow or two. :thumbsup:

That's the way you taught me Mike! Works GOOD!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,798  
Put the mower on for the season last night and mowed for the first time this year! :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,800  
Did a little digging in my swampy mess. I ended up getting stuck in the muck. Took some rocking and picking up with the back hoe. I ended up catching the hose on something and put a little nick in it. It is the supply to the backhoe.

Anyone know the best place to get hoses made. I have the hose off, so I will probable ask the wife to pick up another one tomorrow.

This stuff is just soupy mess. Been fooling with it for some time now. Looks like I will need to bring in some big rocks to get it under control.