TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,802  
Did a little digging in my swampy mess. I ended up getting stuck in the muck. Took some rocking and picking up with the back hoe. I ended up catching the hose on something and put a little nick in it. It is the supply to the backhoe.

Anyone know the best place to get hoses made. I have the hose off, so I will probable ask the wife to pick up another one tomorrow.

This stuff is just soupy mess. Been fooling with it for some time now. Looks like I will need to bring in some big rocks to get it under control.

Mike,

I left a VM also.

I used Colliflower Inc. (at 4 mile fork off rte 1. 891-9500 ) when I busted my hyd line.

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,803  
Mike,

I left a VM also.

I used Colliflower Inc. (at 4 mile fork off rte 1. 891-9500 ) when I busted my hyd line.

Be well,
David

My local NAPA has saved me $$ by making up hoses for my BX23.:)

I called Colliflower and the guy on the phone did not sound like he wanted my business. Very short with the answers. Was going to have Michelle head over there anyway but ended up calling the Napa on Rt 3 since it would be on the way to town where she was going to meet her aunt and uncle. Worked out good until I got home and the hose was the wrong size. They made a 3/8" ID instead of a 1/2" ID. I took a trip to town and they fixed it no questions. Hose back on tractor a little digging and the weekend off. Looking like a good tractor weekend.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,804  
I called Colliflower and the guy on the phone did not sound like he wanted my business. Very short with the answers. Was going to have Michelle head over there anyway but ended up calling the Napa on Rt 3 since it would be on the way to town where she was going to meet her aunt and uncle. Worked out good until I got home and the hose was the wrong size. They made a 3/8" ID instead of a 1/2" ID. I took a trip to town and they fixed it no questions. Hose back on tractor a little digging and the weekend off. Looking like a good tractor weekend.

I need to remember about that NAPA...

I agree, the colliflower guy was not excited for my biz, but he made awesome hyd lines...

Be well,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,805  
Yesterday I got in about 3 hours. :D:D:D

I started with the ratchet rake. I managed to groom my elderly neighbor's driveway (It is the property for sale at the end of the pavement on my street). Then I groomed the entire easment driveway, and quite a bit of mine as well.

Still using the RR, I switched to raking up the mulching debris next to the temporary pasture, where I intend to expand soon by moving the electric fence. Once I had enough raking, I swirched back to my trusty grapple and I started a quick burn pile and I started burning it (I can only burn 4pm to midnight). I think I've gotten almost all of the decent sized sticks and slash from the whole future pasture section nearest the house (for those of you who've been here, the north end nearest the loop). I think I might start fencing again soon!:thumbsup:!!

I think I'm FINALLY going to change the oil and lube like I'm supposed to today after Church because I'm at 68 hours or so and I really need to take care of my tractor better.

Be well all,
David

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,806  
Today was the first real seat time I've had in my '89 855 since buying it in November and spending the winter tearing it down and getting everything functional and maintained.

South Central PA had significant flooding last fall, and I had a lot of ground to clean up, rake out, move rocks, and seed. The 855 performed like a champ and I think I am getting the hang of the landscape rake. Moved some pretty sizeable logs with the FEL, backbladed everything smooth, and got some grass seed down before the drizzle ended the day.

For my first seat time, I'd call it a great day! And no way would i be there without a lot of help from you guys on this forum as I was getting everything functional. Lots of back saving labor handled today and now I have about 100 projects I can't wait to get to work on! :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,807  
Moved some dirt to a low spot in the pasture

146.jpg

153.jpg

It was wet so had to do some the old fashion way

172.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,808  
It's good to see the ground is wet there after the drought.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,809  
Ok Mossflowerwoods, I have to ask - what happens if your fire is not completely out by midnight?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,810  
Ok Mossflowerwoods, I have to ask - what happens if your fire is not completely out by midnight?

Creamer,

Here is the site my state forrester sent me to... Frequently Asked Questions: Burning and the 4 p.m. Law

This is an excerpt...

If I take all precautions with my fire after 4 p.m. and it does escape and start a fire, am I responsible for the suppression cost?
Yes. Although you may have taken all proper precautions and obtained any locally required permits, whoever started the fire is responsible should the fire escape.

What is the penalty for violating the 4 p.m. law? Violation of the 4 p.m. law is a class 3 misdemeanor with a fine of not more than $500.

I'm not gonna mess with it if I can avoid it.

Thanks,
David