TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,891  
I pulled mine out of the barn, let it idle about 15-20 mins to get it warmed up and shut it off.

Pulled the truck in the barn to work on it, after I was done I pulled it out, started the tractor, swept the barn out waiting on the tractor to warm up and pulled the tractor in the barn lol.

Truck got a oil change, new starter, starter solenoid, all fluids topped off, new passenger side mirror and tightened an alternator belt that squeaked when I first started it up. Still want to replace the doughnut gasket on the exhaust, new tranny filter and tranny oil and it will be good till something breaks. 1981 F150 with the 4.9 strait 6. It's got 130k on it now and has been extremely reliable and pulls anything I hook to it with no probs.
IMG_7247.JPGIMG_6728.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,892  
That sounds like a weekend I have coming up soon. Truck, tractor, and car all due for oil changes and routine PM. A brake line on the other car has to be changed. Thankfully it's staying light longer into the night and getting warmer. Some of that stuff might get done in the early evening on weekdays now.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,893  
brokefarmerjohn, I'm looking at that nice old pickup of yours and wondering why the back end isn't sagging way down...do you have helper springs?
an almost five liter straight six. Those were the good old days...

square1, I worked until almost 6:30pm last night and it was wonderful.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,894  
brokefarmerjohn, I'm looking at that nice old pickup of yours and wondering why the back end isn't sagging way down...do you have helper springs?
an almost five liter straight six. Those were the good old days...

square1, I worked until almost 6:30pm last night and it was wonderful.

I will have to check if it has them or not, that truck has never squatted much, that big bale in the bed was well over 1000lbs, farmer thinks 1250 but farmers sometimes over estimate bales. It was heavy enough I could tell the 400 loader on my 4320 had a load.

My F150 was a county truck and I found it in a dump, they scrapped her, the owner sold her and I'm glad he did, she had a whole lot of life left in her.

For a 2wd pickup it seems the rear end is heavier than usual.

That trailer in the pic is 2750lbs plus the hay, those bales where around 600lbs maybe a bit more so around 4450lb gross on the bumper, it had no probs pulling but stopping was a another story lol.

I do plan to put a receiver on the truck and pull a old brake controller off a 99 F150 I wrecked awhile back that I keep around for parts, and fit the brake controller on my 81 and literally that truck will pull more than the F150 frame will handle.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,895  
well that's an F150 that is sure acting like an F250...;) very impressive. I wonder if the County spec'd a HD suspension.
Does that have a column or floor shifter? That's a really big six that clearly makes plenty of torque to pull that trailer.
I just love simpler things... no OBD port for sure.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,896  
well that's an F150 that is sure acting like an F250...;) very impressive. I wonder if the County spec'd a HD suspension.
Does that have a column or floor shifter? That's a really big six that clearly makes plenty of torque to pull that trailer.
I just love simpler things... no OBD port for sure.

Column shifter, auto trans, carbed with auto choke. pump the gas twice and turn the key, in the dead of winter, single digits outside, she fires within 5 cranks every time, usually 3 cranks and to release the choke you tap the gas just like tapping the breaks on cruise control. High beam switch is a button on the floor you hit with your left foot lol.

It has no factory radio, no factory A/C so there's no vents in the dash, just defrost and floor, rubber floor liner and exposed metal roof that's painted the same color as the truck.

The truck was originally a maroon/dark red, in the bed there is a little of that color showing in spots from wearing the yellow/tan paint off.

I paid $1000 for it and have put around 40k miles on it in 4-5 years I have owned it.

Here the list of stuff that's been replaced since I have owned it lol: plugs, wires, all belts on engine, upper and lower radiator hoses, heater core hoses, oil air breather cap, radiator cap, power steering cap, front calipers, rotors, brake pads, rubber brake lines, brake booster, master cylinder, starter, starter solenoid, 3 new tires (had 1 new one, rest were dry rotted) and a new exhaust from the punched out cats back (that took some doing to get a shop to put a new exhaust on a truck with punched out cats). Everything except the tires and exhaust I have done, truck is super easy to work on.

I think that's it lol just a lot of little stuff, nothing cost much of anything, parts are super cheap for that truck and all parts I have been able to have in hand the same day by 4pm at the latest. Some of that was changed out because it was bad and some like caps and stuff because the existing stuff had age to it.

I figure as long as I can still find cheap parts for it, I will keep fixing the truck if something goes out. Until I can buy a better truck anyway.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,897  
I got the Jeep serviced on Tuesday, new upper and lower rad hoses, new heater hoses, fresh yellow anti-freeze 60/40 mix, grease and oil & filter change Quaker State 5w30 synthetic. I tell them to check all over for stuff that needs attention. Total price including tax was $439.29.

So I gets the Jeep home and hook up the trailer and the cluster light bar is rusted almost off the trailer. Out goes the tractor from its' shed and leave it idling in the driveway and in goes the trailer backwards. An hour later the trailer has a new LED light bar that works and that is thrown out. I was working in a T-shirt it was that warm inside the tractor shed. I jump on the tractor which is all warmed up and try to cut some trenches for the water to run off the driveway. That wasn't very successful, too much frost yet.
I am going to wait another month to change the oil and filter on the tractor. Unless it gets real warm real quick. I can't see that happening.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,899  

We have an '03 F150 with the 7700 package. It's kind of a bridge between the 150 & 250. (My stepson keeps saying he's going to put an F200 badge on it.) Perhaps John's is an earlier version. No idea when they started doing that.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #6,900  
We have an '03 F150 with the 7700 package. It's kind of a bridge between the 150 & 250. (My stepson keeps saying he's going to put an F200 badge on it.) Perhaps John's is an earlier version. No idea when they started doing that.

Chevy had a 1500 HD, it was a heavy half, Ford didn't really have a truck named that, they just had the light duty F250s which was basically the same thing.

Chevy got rid of the 1500HD, I don't see Ford making the light duty F250s either.

But today's 1/2 tons are like yesterday's 3/4 ton trucks it seems but 4 times the price lol.