TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,381  
I mostly saw dead or blow down trees and many are as far as a couple miles from the mill. So a wk. or so ago I decided to make a trailer from some scrape and an old axle to carry them down rather than skid getting them full of dirt.Used it for 5 days now & pleased with the results hauling 3 or 4 loads a day.

It will haul up to 20' logs and follows real well on sharp corners which was one of my concerns.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,382  
Bill, very cool, what is that axle rated for?
I can smell that cut wood from here

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,383  
:laughing: the axles probably rated for 1/4 of the load on it came from a mini van. The tires have cracks and I had to put tubes in so they'd hold air. If they blow I'll buy some more used tires. Since it's only for the bush I don't for see any high speed blow outs.
The reach is sturdier than it looks I concerted a sch. 80 pipe in the sch. 40 2".

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,384  
0731171959a.jpg0731171733a.jpgmowing, last night.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,385  
Looks good. How do you load the new trailer ??

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,387  
My seat time... or rather sweat time was loading blocks and pavers onto pallets. Need to reposition a paver patio/fire pit to get ready for a house remodel/extension. 88degF here which is HOT for us. Enjoying my new forks, just wish the BX had a little more loader lift.

IMG_9982.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,388  
Gordon I have to 16" removable forks on my loader bucket.

Thanks. So if I understand correctly you load those long logs with the trailer free to move around or do you hook it to something to keep it solid ???

gg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,389  
I tried posting last night but the site was down, so this is "yesterdays seat time"...

Ran my rotary cutter over about 7 acres yesterday. Started on it after work and didn't finish until sunset. Not easy terrain to operate on. On 3 wheels a couple times when cleaning up the upper tree line... Slid sideways down a slope twice on the lower side... With as wet as it has been this year; the swamp that is normally several hundred feet away is moving into the low areas of the east meadow, so there were a couple swaths normally cut that I was unable to get into...

After about 6 laps, the approach angle at the base of one of the hills gets sorta extreme; too extreme for the flex-joint on my cutter anyhow, as it bent pretty severely. Same thing happened a few years back in another section of the property and I fixed it by bolting a couple pieces of angle to the bent flatbar (after straightening it). The angle remained straight, but the flatbar bent at the bolts. I was able to lift the cutter and jump on the tail wheel enough to pull it back out straight enough to continue. Happily I purchased a hydraulic press earlier this year so straightening stuff should be a breeze. That will be todays shop time...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #7,390  
Lift with the 3 point ?

Pulled many post that way. But you can max out your lift easily on smaller tractors.

When pulling with a chain double wrap post so it won't slip at ground. Then place old truck wheel next to post and under chain. A 15" wheel can work but the bigger 22.5" wheels work better. You get lift and pull. Sometimes you have to chock wheel as it'll roll down chain.