Tooth bar vs none difference?

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #1  

fatjay

Veteran Member
Tractor
Not enough
I'm having a hell of a time using my kubota's bucket to scoop dirt, as the pile has been sitting for a few years and it's become compacted and weeds are growing. I thought about adding a tooth bar to it to try and break it up more easily. In this specific case, will a tooth bar make much difference? It's a 48" bucket pushed by my b7200 so it's not a big tractor, and i have turf tires so even with 4wd, I'm not getting crazy traction. Even so, sometimes the HST can't overcome the traction on the ground when trying to dig into the dirt mound.

Will a tooth bar make much difference, or would I be wasting my money?

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #3  
I do not have a tooth bar on my bucket, but I often wish I did. Need to buy a Pirannah tooth bar soon.

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #4  
I do not have a tooth bar on my bucket, but I often wish I did. Need to buy a Pirannah tooth bar soon.
The old style bar with long teeth work really well for hard soil. The piranha style is better for cutting and ripping roots and vegetation.

/ Tooth bar vs none difference?
Ok i bought a tooth bar. Should be here by friday.

What's the worst that can happen?

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #8  
While you wait for the ripper bar try chaining your technique. Enter the pile at mid height from an angle with a little more speed and see if You cant get a little bite. Dump that and try again from a different angle always using the corner of the bucket. Once you have dumped a few half or 1/3rd buckets in front of the pile go ahead and load and move a full bucket

/ Tooth bar vs none difference?
I'm not familiar with vevor, but they had a lot of reviews and they were mostly positive. And it's hard to find something not built with child/slave labor these days, including clothing, computers, phones, or even food. Not that i condone such practices.

My technique is hit it with some speed mid height with the bucket tilted a hair down, then curl and lift at the same time, and that usually gives me half a bucket. But I have to hit it with speed, and sometimes it takes 2-3 hits. I'd like to scoop more easily and be less hard on the machine.

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #10  
I'm not familiar with vevor, but they had a lot of reviews and they were mostly positive. And it's hard to find something not built with child/slave labor these days, including clothing, computers, phones, or even food. Not that i condone such practices.

My technique is hit it with some speed mid height with the bucket tilted a hair down, then curl and lift at the same time, and that usually gives me half a bucket. But I have to hit it with speed, and sometimes it takes 2-3 hits. I'd like to scoop more easily and be less hard on the machine.
Try the corner of the bucket vs hitting it full or square on.