Tooth bar vs none difference?

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #21  
I had a Bobcat 642 (32hp) with a smooth and tooth bucket. The tooth bucket was like having 20% more power and traction. I rarely used the smooth bucket. You will love it.

Last edited:
   / Tooth bar vs none difference? #22  
The worse that happened is you bought from Vevor. It's a stolen knockoff of something designed in the US and built with child labor.
So is whatever device you used to post that message, along with all the local and remote networking equipment along the way to and from the internet, and that includes the main power grid transformers required to charge your device and power all the networking equipment. Sucks, but no way around it currently. Even if you're using solar, good luck finding a non-Chinese panel and controller.

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #23  
I had a Bobcat 643 (32hp) with a smooth and tooth bucket. The tooth bucket was like having 20% more power and traction. I rarely used the smooth bucket. You will love it.

The unexpected benefit of a tooth bar was for back dragging. It was like using a garden rake. Especially good when I had clumps of sod and roots in the dirt

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #24  
I put an EA wicked tooth bar on the LS XR 3140, The difference was night and day comparing the straight factory edge to the tooth bar.

Digging into piles or moving compacted soils is where they really shine. It seems when I spin a tire now with the tooth bar on the bucket, its full. When tire spin would happen with the factory edge, 'bout guarantee the factory edge was hung up on something and bucket not even close to full.

Another plus with a tooth bar is it adds rigidity to the bucket edge. When I installed the EA tooth bar, I found the factory edge was beginning to bend. Which after installing the tooth bar was straight again.

There is a learning curve after installing a tooth bar if you are accustomed to the passed dull factory edge. Your bucket will dig easier, fill easier with less force and angle. Try using a tooth bar with the same action as the factory edge, you might Have some surprises come up.

I really like my tooth bar. It makes moving material much more efficient.

/ Tooth bar vs none difference?
Now i'm looking forward to it. If it works out well, I'll get one for my bobcat, it's a much meatier machine than the kubota.

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #26  
One thing to be aware of is the tooth bar gives you a bigger scoop and your tractor might not be able to lift it if the scoop is too heavy.

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #27  
I have a Rankin tooth bar. MADE IN WA STATE!! It hooks under the bucket lip. I made it a permanent installation - more or less. Rather than the bolts being pressure clamp arrangements - I drilled completely thru the bucket and bolted the bar directly to the bucket.

The teeth are the long style and DO DEFINITELY help the bucket when picking up "stuff".

IMG_0270.jpeg

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #28  
That was the other tooth bar I was looking at oosik. Only thing was back blading a smooth surface with that style would always leave lines. Rankin makes good stuff. I have there 5 foot arena harrow and it works wonders in the tree fields.

Mikester, a tooth bar will help fill the bucket faster. But for over all volume it ads to the bucket isn't much. A tooth bar will help embed a bucket farther into stuff, giving the illusion of a too full of bucket and to much material.

/ Tooth bar vs none difference?
It arrived early! It's heavy, and pretty heavy duty. The fit is... snug. I picked 48", my bucket is 48.5" wide, and I had to get out my motivational hammer to get it into place. The gaps under the hooks have what looks like enough space that I should be able to put a 1/4" piece of flat bar under the bucket and weld it into place.

The down side is it's raining the next 2 days, then freezing.

YVzsuZY.jpg

/ Tooth bar vs none difference? #30  
Looks good. I wonder if tire chains would help at all with the traction or just tear up your turf tires?