Toothbar. Good idea?

/ Toothbar. Good idea? #11  
My toothbar is held in place by 1 inch bolts that are not too long.

Like bird I put the nuts on the outside. I also put some anti seize on them...used the toothbar a lot last summer and the nuts came off without any problem at all. Probably took two minutes after I had the wrenches in my hand...

/ Toothbar. Good idea? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Like bird I put the nuts on the outside. )</font>

I think Brid put his on the inside.

Or was it?... Oh nuts! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Toothbar. Good idea? #13  
Yep, I put the bolts in from the outside and while it probably wasn't really necessary, I used a large flat washer on the bolt on the outside, then another large flat washer and a lock washer on the inside before putting the nuts on.

/ Toothbar. Good idea? #14  
Man if I wasn't confused, I am now! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I think I put the nuts on the outside...now I'm not sure anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Darn! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Another decision to make when I put the toothbar back on...hopefully next month! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Toothbar. Good idea? #15  
Who says you can take too many pictures of your tractor?

Now I don't have to make that decision after all... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 240264-TBAR.JPG
    240264-TBAR.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 382
   / Toothbar. Good idea? #16  
I bought a toothbar for my 61" John Deere bucket a while back and it was like getting a whole new tractor as far as increasing the utility of the FEL. It went from being strictly a loader to something I could use for digging. I would highly recommend one.

Further, I would recommend the bolt on so that you can remove it for things like moving snow in the winter or getting down to floor level on concrete or pavement. I paid right about $300 for mine delivered to my door. It was made by FFC Attachments in Illinois and purchased through a TBN supporting advertiser, KC Canary Equipment.

I dealt with Mark Bruckner there and he was most helpful. He set it up as an 'internet sale' which precluded paying them sales tax, too. You can reach Mark with KC Canary @ 1-800-920-7097.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Toothbar. Good idea? #17  
I put my bolts in from the outside for two reasons. One was that that was the way the nuts and bolts were on the toothbar when it arrived. The other was simply because I didn't like the idea of catching an ankle on exposed bolt threads walking past it some day.

I used some washers as spacers to snug up the little bit of slack I had between the toothbar and the bucket side then one more on the inside of the toothbar, then a lock washer and the nut. In my case, I still had enough thread left over to allow me to put on a second nut on each side so that's exactly what I did. My thinking was that doing so would keep my threads covered, damage free and clean so removing the toothbar would be easier and it was. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Toothbar. Good idea? #18  
Gary you never cease to amaze me. Pretty darn smart for a tall guy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Toothbar. Good idea?
Well, sounds like it is a hands down winner. Will further investigate and get it done. Thanks.

/ Toothbar. Good idea? #20  
Ah! The power of the Internet. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif