Toplink Top Link Pin

/ Top Link Pin #11  
I put a 3/8" re-barb lifting ring in the middle. It works perfect. You can see it in the picture. Its welded on each end just for good measure and to keep it steady while filling with concrete to the lift pin bar.

Chris

Attachments

• weight.jpg
    weight.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 293
   / Top Link Pin
Didn't we just cover this in another thread you started? Don't forget to seal those seems;)

I did start another thread but my question of using the top pin to lift it never got answered and I wanted a quick answer. And, my internet ettiquette sucks.

I have duct taped the seams. The light was shining through. Good tip right there. Thanks.

I am going to go with just the pin for lifting it. It's a 3/4" pin. I did buy a 36" length of 1/2" rebar and I flared the ends for "grab" but I trust the pin more than the bar. And, there was a post in this thread from someone who uses the pin to lift his box. He has thousands of posts here so I trust his judgement, not that I don't trust others.

The highest it will ever be off the ground will be when I lift it out of my truck. Even then I will just pick it up an inch or 2 and then drive my truck away. After that, if I have to move it, it will be just a few inches off the ground.

Tomorrow morning I visit the plant for filling. It will sit for 8 hours before my drive home and I will leave it my truck for a day or 2 before I lift out.

/ Top Link Pin #13  
I did start another thread but my question of using the top pin to lift it never got answered and I wanted a quick answer. And, my internet ettiquette sucks.

I have duct taped the seams. The light was shining through. Good tip right there. Thanks.

I am going to go with just the pin for lifting it. It's a 3/4" pin. I did buy a 36" length of 1/2" rebar and I flared the ends for "grab" but I trust the pin more than the bar. And, there was a post in this thread from someone who uses the pin to lift his box. He has thousands of posts here so I trust his judgement, not that I don't trust others.

The highest it will ever be off the ground will be when I lift it out of my truck. Even then I will just pick it up an inch or 2 and then drive my truck away. After that, if I have to move it, it will be just a few inches off the ground.

Tomorrow morning I visit the plant for filling. It will sit for 8 hours before my drive home and I will leave it my truck for a day or 2 before I lift out.

By the next morning it will be plenty well set for lifting out if you are using the top link pin. The only reason to wait more than 24hrs is if you are going to use the rebar.

/ Top Link Pin #14  
I didn't have any problems lifting mine by the pin.

Attachments

• IMG_1494B.jpg
    IMG_1494B.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 245
   / Top Link Pin #15  
I didn't have any problems lifting mine by the pin.

That box is filled with concrete? if so that's incredible that your loader could lift that so far out at the end of the boom. quite the testament to the booms strength also.

/ Top Link Pin
O.K....The box was filled yesterday morning and I left it at the cement over night. They picked it up by the pin and put it in my truck. I did put a 1/2 inch rebar in the center but won't use it for lifting for a couple of weeks.

Now my question is..... Am I going to flatten my tires or break an axle by lifting it out of my truck.?? It weighs roughly 550lbs.

I won't have ballast of the back of my tractor.

/ Top Link Pin #18  
That's a good one to be worried about,

But I don't think it will be a problem, your not gonna flatten the tires, and you should be able to lift it enough to back up slowly in a straight line and let it down.
You'll be able to tell if the tractor feels real light in the back when you lift it, if it feels very light you might have a problem as you lower it cause that may move the load forward just enough to upset the apple cart, not sure of the capacities of your machine.

If it was borderline or your worried you could always get a heavy plank and use the loader and the plank together sliding it down the plank.

EDIT: Just looked at your sig with that machine it may be a no go, be careful. do you have anything you can put on the 3pt for ballast?

/ Top Link Pin #19  

I would not get off tractor with load in the air and no ballast, I have had my rear tires come off the ground doing this luckly I had it in 4wd at the time since I was on a hill.

/ Top Link Pin
Well folks....The box is out of my truck. Un-real.!!!.......

I shouldn't admit to any of this but, here goes....

I've had a tire on my truck going slack (rear). At lunch I checked the tire and it was going slack. So, I waisted no time and took the truck with the loaded ballast box home to un-load it.

Bucket wouldn't pick it up. Great.

So, I throttled up and the bucket would get it up about an inch up but, it would curl back down. Keep in mind I came over the truck bed from the side with the bucket. I wanted to simply lift the box a couple inches and leave the tractor to drive the truck ahead, leaving the box hanging.

I ended up having to slide the box back, out of the truck, on the chain. When it cleared the tailgate let me tell you....freakin' shake, rattle and thank God nothing rolled.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hopped out of my truck, jumped on the tractor and and slowly lowered the box to the ground. And that's where she sits right now, right in the middle of my driveway. That box is heavy.

The tractor (bucket) did hold the box off the ground at about 4 feet long enough for me to lower it.

I was scared. I am a rookie. It had to come out. Now I wonder if my 3pt. hitch will lift it.??

Job accomplished but it wasn't pretty believe you me.!!!!