Torn between two Kubotas

/ Torn between two Kubotas #1  

dieseldude

Tractor
B7610
I am really driving myself crazy on this one. Mt wife finially gave me the ok for a new kubota. Great. But now Im going nuts trying to decide on which one to buy. I like the BX1500 with loader and 54" mmm, its small compact size would be great to get in and out of tight places. Im just worried it might not have to power to do snow removal and occasionally I will have a tree blow down and would like to have something to help with removal. Therefor I am also considering a b7610 with loader and 60" mmm. I know this tractor would have the power I need but will it have the agile maneuverability that I need for my small yard? I think the bx1500 would be better. I own 5 acres but only about 2 acres are cleared and the rest is wooded. That my two concerns power and maneuverability. Have any of you ever put your 1500 to the test and used it to push deep snow or to push heavy logs? Let me know. Thanks/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Torn between two Kubotas #2  
Just from my experience with moving snow with a blade and FEL, if I were to have a smaller tractor I would seriously think of getting a snowblower. You can move more snow with less weight with a snowblower. Of course, I have no idea how much snow you generally need to move (profile /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
Sounds like you're leaning towards the BX anyway.

/ Torn between two Kubotas #3  
dieseldude,

Check out my BX1500 Post
I stand by my BX1500 for my needs. The performance is great. Not to mention, it is a few $k cheaper than the B7x series, which was more than I could afford. The B7x series would have been overkill for me...but then again, it's all in what your needs are and what you plan to do with the tractor.

/ Torn between two Kubotas #4  
dieseldude while I can not answer your question I would like to welcome you to TBN. There is a lot of knowledgable people on this site.
Steven

/ Torn between two Kubotas #5  
You already know the limitations of both machines. Smaller will usually mean agility where larger will usually mean power. In your case, you should figure out which of the two characteristics you need most in the tractor. The bx will move dirt/trees/rocks etc., it will just take longer with smaller bites. The b will certainly handle the mowing needs, but it may be slightly less agile and take a little longer.

I bought a b7500 a couple of years ago and have been impressed with it's abilities. I've moved tons of dirt some trees and mowed occasionally. I chose the larger tractor for the power and will live with any agility shortcomings.

/ Torn between two Kubotas #6  
Comparing my BX2230 with my neighbor's B7100 (Yeah, its old, but similar size) I would have to say that if you are doing much woods work I would go with the B series tractor. They offer a little better off-lawn capability through higher ground clearance and taller tires.

I love my BX, but it rarely leaves the lawn or the driveway.

/ Torn between two Kubotas #8  
Go to the Kubota Website and look at the Specs on Both machines.

The BX1500 is actually wider and has a larger turning radius than the B7510... It's true /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif go look /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Torn between two Kubotas #9  
How long is the driveway and how much snow would you be moving. Believe me when I tell you that the loader and size of the BX1500 is plenty of machine to do the job.

I've included for you a picture of my driveway after using the BX2230. It's 630 feet of driveway and the power my machine has is fine. I typically can go a 100 feet before dumping in a 6 inch storm

Attachments

• 621117-Driveway.jpg
    621117-Driveway.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 283
   / Torn between two Kubotas #10  
While I can't speak to the B series. I can attest to the BX1500.
It just keeps digging. I took down seven 12" diameter maple trees last fall. The little Kubota performed flawlessly. I live in snow country and it does well with the blower. I do use the back blade for snow once in a while and, again, the tractor does what I ask.