Torn between two Kubotas

/ Torn between two Kubotas
Thats what I want to hear. Stories about the power the 1500 has. Did you take down these trees with the loader? If so thats unbeleivable. I wish Kubota made demonstration videos of their tractors. Thanks to all.

/ Torn between two Kubotas #12  
I have owned both the BX-1500 and BX-2230, I still have the BX-2230. The BX-1500 has plenty of power in low range, The 1st day I got it I pulled a 30 foot tree to the back of my property with no problem, it is a fine tractor for the money. The only thing I found was that when cutting high grass in high range it seemed to be a little sluggish, later I test drove the BX2230 and found that it goes thru wet high grass like butter no having to slow down and let the mower catch up with the engine. (I mow 7 acres). They both are fine tractors and the BX2230 is sorta in between the 1500 and the 7610. If you want a tractor that "can do" get the Bx2230 if you want a tractor that can do plus a little extra height (if you stay in the woods alot) go with the 7610...just my opinion....either way you can't go wrong...

stumper

/ Torn between two Kubotas #13  
I agree...I'd look at the BX2330....Much more tractor than a 1500. That will get you a fine machine for your needs and run a blower no problem. If you are really going to be doing a lot of logging, go the B series. My advice is to go bigger than 1800 BX. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The BX mower is easy on and off for one person, not so easy on a B series. Get the "ag" tires they'll work great for snow lawn and woods. I had no problem with them in 2 wheel drive on the lawn. Actually, I had a set of 4 turfs, but never used them.

/ Torn between two Kubotas #15  
I have a BX23 now and previously had A B2410. The FEL on the B series will be quicker and stronger. Also the ride on the B2410 was smoother than the BX23 probably because of the larger tires and longer wheelbase. I only have 2 acres and use a tractor for snow removal, landscaping, lifting things, and gardening. I use a ZTR to mow. I miss the power of the loader of the B2410. If your primary chore is mowing than the BX series would probably be well suited to you. As others have said consider the BX2230 over the BX1500 in the event you need slighter more HP for implements. I had turf tires on the B2410 and they worked well even in the snow. I have Bar tires on the BX23 as I do not mow with it. You should test drive a B series and BX before you decide.

/ Torn between two Kubotas #16  
"Unbelievable" is right, dieseldude, if those 12" maples were healthy and had any kind of root structure. Maple trees that big are not "pushovers". Maybe rfogle dug them out somehow.

I spent this afternoon pulling up trees with a 45hp L4300 which weighs 3000# plus whatever's in the filled rears plus whatever the FEL weighs. Ground's wet up here so pullin' up trees is as easy as it'll get. No way I'd be able to push over a couple of 12" maples in our soil. Pushing with the FEL, a 4 to 5" walnut or chesnut will bend over and lift the front wheels off the ground before the root structure lets go...though it'll sure loosen up some. Fruit trees are easier. They don't have alot of root structure and the FEL can often pop 'em right out.

I was surprised as heck when I was able to pull over a 10" walnut tree today. But it was growing tight up against a foundation and had no root structure on one side. Tried pulling out a big Japanese Yew (multiple 3" to 4" trunks) and made the ground heave a little before the tires started digging holes.

If you're going to pull/push over trees, get the big one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
Bob

/ Torn between two Kubotas #17  
dieseldude
Like the other guys have said, check out the 2230. Checking it out can't hurt. It does fit between the 1500 and the 7610. If you look closely at all your options you will not be second guessing your self after the purchase. They are all great machines. My BX-23 is the best tool I own

/ Torn between two Kubotas #18  
I'd go with the B7610. With 5 acres, you will find yourself wanting the extra power and ground clearance. And you'll probably find yourself doing a lot more in those 3 acres of woods if you have a tractor more capable of going in there.

I own a BX-23.

/ Torn between two Kubotas #19  
Settle down and read the posts boys. Never said I felled the trees with the 'bota; chain saw did that. I can't imagine what size machine would knock over a 12" maple. Dieseldude - don't let these 'more power' guys distract you. While a larger machine would obviously do more faster /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif, focus on your long term needs. You stated you're on 5 acres, 3 of which are wooded. Are you planning to clear cut in one year or manage the woods over time? How often will you need to push snow? Personal use only or do you plan to generate income with your Kubota?

/ Torn between two Kubotas #20  
Have you sat in either of them?
Perhaps driven them around the dealership?

Ergonomics is very important, is the operations station easier to adjust to, one verses the other? Little details?

What about weight and ground clearence? Are they factors?

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif