Trac-Vac 854 PTO Powered Leaf Vacuum

/ Trac-Vac 854 PTO Powered Leaf Vacuum #11  
Around here that would be called a potato hook, and would be used for digging the potatoes............. of course there are some cobwebs on mine since I got the middlebuster.

/ Trac-Vac 854 PTO Powered Leaf Vacuum #12  
I picked up a used trac-vac, has the 6.5 hp motor. It works great, but it lacks in capactiy since it is the rubbermaid can model. But not raking makes me want to order a PTO model.

/ Trac-Vac 854 PTO Powered Leaf Vacuum #13  
Kennyd - Does your 3PH go up and down with your mower deck like my BX2350 does? If so, does this cause problems for the hoses? I'd much rather run off the PTO like you are doing rather than have an extra engine on the leaf collector.

/ Trac-Vac 854 PTO Powered Leaf Vacuum #14  
Two weeks ago I drove to New Jersey to pick up this used Trac-Vac 854. I have A LOT of trees around me, and doing leaf cleanup is always a chore I hate...So I have been looking for years for a solution-and this turned up on Craigslist so I jumped on it.

I have about 4 hours on it now including some time with wet leaves, and it really does a remarkable job at collecting, mulching and packing them in the trailer! Emptying the trailer is a chore so far-but hopefully I will get batter at it or find a way to hydraulically PUSH them out!

Please enjoy the pictures on my Picassa Web Album:D

Is it a 540 or 1000 rpm pto?

/ Trac-Vac 854 PTO Powered Leaf Vacuum #15  
Mine runs the 8HP briggs, works good , but I to would like to have a hydraulic style pusher inside the trailer. Some thing similar to a garbage truck !

/ Trac-Vac 854 PTO Powered Leaf Vacuum #16  
Kennyd - Does your 3PH go up and down with your mower deck like my BX2350 does? If so, does this cause problems for the hoses? I'd much rather run off the PTO like you are doing rather than have an extra engine on the leaf collector.

If you look close at his pic's, he modified the hook up and it does not use the 3PH arms. On your BX, you can pin the lower 3PH arms up by disconecting the vertical links from the upper arms and pinning those to the two holes near the top link - that's what they're for.

/ Trac-Vac 854 PTO Powered Leaf Vacuum

If you look close at his pic's, he modified the hook up and it does not use the 3PH arms. On your BX, you can pin the lower 3PH arms up by disconecting the vertical links from the upper arms and pinning those to the two holes near the top link - that's what they're for.

Fish, look at the pictures and read the captions please, Yes the arms move-and they sell a kit to do what I did...

They also have a model specifically for the BX.

/ Trac-Vac 854 PTO Powered Leaf Vacuum
Mine runs the 8HP briggs, works good , but I to would like to have a hydraulic style pusher inside the trailer. Some thing similar to a garbage truck !

Yeah-That's what I'm talkin' about!;)

/ Trac-Vac 854 PTO Powered Leaf Vacuum #20  
We got started selling them shortly after yours was built Ken, and the reason was because of the tapered trailer. For the most part with the tapered trailers the load will slide right out unless you have leaves on the bottom that are wet.

I like the trailers with the motor on them as you only need to buy one and not exchange if you purchase a new tractor do to fit. We have also found that the 5 horse unit will normally work with a 60" deck although they recommend the larger unit and the new models come with a small chipper built in!