track torch project

/ track torch project #21  
Would this work for now?

image-2686792289.jpg

Terry

/ track torch project
Yea that works, done and did that, now looking for something more permanate. I know the real track torches have a little lever you just flip down. The way my torch is mounted. I just need to make a small lever and mount and weld it to the torch mount. I might fool with that tomorrow. Going to look out back and see what kind of metal I have laying around to make a table with. A piece of plywood stretched between 2 saw horses just aint getting it..

/ track torch project #23  
Yea that works, done and did that, now looking for something more permanate. I know the real track torches have a little lever you just flip down. The way my torch is mounted. I just need to make a small lever and mount and weld it to the torch mount. I might fool with that tomorrow. Going to look out back and see what kind of metal I have laying around to make a table with. A piece of plywood stretched between 2 saw horses just aint getting it..

Maybe a slide on extension for your welding table?

Terry

/ track torch project
I like the ideal of a slide extention, just have to see what I can scrounge up.

/ track torch project #25  
Long before I found a track torch for cheap on eBay, I had built my own pantograph and track torch.

They both use a regular hand torch with a section of piano hinge to activate the cut lever.

306736d1362610657-show-what-tool-you-made-img_20130306_163953_915-jpg

Used and old drafting slide mounted to magnets for my track version.

/ track torch project #26  
Pretty cool!
For temporary maybe a ring from a piece of hose or tubing would work to slide over the lever to lock it.