Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe?

/ Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe? #1  

FrenchyRaoul

Tractor
Buying!
Hello all,

About a year ago, I ordered my first tractor; an MX6000 with several implements, including a backhoe. The tractor arrived a few months later, allowing me several months of playing with the machine in the Fall, before the snow arrived. I was told, due to supply chain issues, that it might be a few months longer for the backhoe to show up.

Well, it's coming up on a year now, and I still don't have the backhoe. Better yet, I don't even have a clue when the thing is going to arrive. I've been given no ship date, no estimates, etc; I'm in the dark. The dealer has not given me even a broad estimate on its arrival. At one point, I was told some of the parts have arrived, only to later be told that they didn't/the wrong parts were sent.

Is there any other avenues I can take to reach out to Kubota directly, or is that not really possible? I understand that there are a lot of issues with heavy equipment, but I'm beginning to get the feeling that perhaps the dealer may have made some mistakes as well. Any thoughts, similar experience, advice is welcome.

Thanks!

/ Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe? #2  
I ordered a new Kubota SVL 75-2 skid steer back in early February and was told 6-8 weeks, it's been 9 weeks but the salesman did call me early this week to tell me that he got an e-mail that said expect delivery in mid April, we will see, I believe a year with no word and no one willing to find out anything is poor business, even if it's not good news you deserve to know, and if there truly are supply chain issues and they don't know, just say that.

/ Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe? #3  
November 2021 I took delivery of a new L6060 with FEL as well as a KX040 excavator. The L6060 was missing 3rd function, all 3 rear remotes, rear wipers/lights. I just heard from my dealer last week that the parts have come in…..but they have a mechanic problem. He is trying to get it in at one of their sister locations (4 here in CO). It’s just One issue after another.

However, there is nothing they can do. Believe me these dealers are working twice as hard just to try and deliver what they have available with all the shortages. You are not alone, and there is nothing you can do to speed it up. Your only recourse is to cancel the order and get a refund….but I assume you still need the equipment so just hang in there.

/ Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe? #4  
So has the backhoe already been paid for? If so I'd be looking to get that portion of the sale refunded if Kubota cannot or will not provide a reasonable answer and consider shopping an aftermarket maker. But you may be taking your chances there as well. The supply chain problem doesn't seem to be going away any time soon.
A tough spot to be in for sure. Do you wait for Kubota or start the process again somewhere else? Does any aftermarket dealer have a suitable backhoe in stock or at a definite spot in the pipeline? Only time and inquiries will tell you.

/ Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe? #5  
Bunch of ships still off the coast of commiefornia. Thank a union.

/ Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe? #6  
Bunch of ships still off the coast of commiefornia. Thank a union.
Yeah, I guess it had nothing to do with employees being out due to Covid or lack of truckers to haul the goods away once they're unloaded from ships as well as various other chokepoints in the system.

/ Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe? #7  
Yeah, I guess it had nothing to do with employees being out due to Covid or lack of truckers to haul the goods away once they're unloaded from ships as well as various other chokepoints in the system.

No, they purposefully kept that port from automation in order to keep jobs. So there would be more union workers to pay in. One rule is you can only go in port with a new truck. My neighbor has many trucks but can't haul anything even if he wanted to. Plus I imagine union workers had a cush covid package to sit home and play video games. I have no package. No stimulus check. Not even last year's tax refund, much less this year's. Those ships are still there parked. The govt made them move off out of sight. The same ones.

/ Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe? #8  
I'm not a fan of bashing dealers, as I feel they have a hard enough job right now, but your dealer should at least be trying to rattle some cages once a month or so and get back to you. Even if the results are nothing, they should still communicate. Seems at though they simply forgot about you.

/ Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe? #9  
No, they purposefully kept that port from automation in order to keep jobs. So there would be more union workers to pay in. One rule is you can only go in port with a new truck. My neighbor has many trucks but can't haul anything even if he wanted to. Plus I imagine union workers had a cush covid package to sit home and play video games. I have no package. No stimulus check. Not even last year's tax refund, much less this year's. Those ships are still there parked. The govt made them move off out of sight. The same ones.

I get it now. Your career choice problems are the fault of someone else. Check.
And as far as the new truck thing, isn't that a result of California's smog policies, if it's true at all?

/ Tracking down my Kubota Backhoe? #10  
Indeed there are a lot of ships sitting out there.