Tracks on Cut's

/ Tracks on Cut's #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
Anyone out there have anything like this on their tractors?
Soucy Track

/ Tracks on Cut's #2  
I got a set of them on an RTV 900. This is a pic from a gromming show held in NY recently.

Attachments

• L 5740.jpg
    L 5740.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Framed Wilma.jpg
    Framed Wilma.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 970
   / Tracks on Cut's #3  
That sure looks cool.

I know of a guy who has them on his 4-wheeler. That thing is amazing with those on.

I once saw a pickup at Sunshine Village ski resort outside of Calgary that had them on. It was running up a snow-covered access road. It was very impressive the amount of traction it seemed to have.

/ Tracks on Cut's #4  
Those look nice, and complicated. I wouldn't want to be the one to start a traction conversation on this forum, but, my R4's worked flawlessly untill I went thru a spring tonight and got them wet. Instant snowman on each wheel. Gotta go before I say something irrelevant again..
Jake

/ Tracks on Cut's #6  
there was a discusion last year about them and they were BIG bucks. i think about $20,000 for the set.that was the end of it:eek:

/ Tracks on Cut's
All the track systems look really cool. I guess they would be worth trying if you had snow most of the year,had money to burn or just wanted a really different tractor.

Maybe just do the rears with tracks for a half track.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Tracks on Cut's #10  
I built a sset of tracks for my 5300JD a few years back. Only cost me a day in the shop and about 300 for steel. They work great. although they don't have the rollers and a long tractor to ground area, they still get me around well. I initially made them to protect the tires from punctures. I was mowing some hawthorn trees and the tires were taking a beating.
What I did was take channel iron, cut it to the length of the tire width, weld a three lengths of chain, one length to one channel, one to the other with one in the middle so it could hinge. I made it long enough to wrap the tire while deflated, bolted it together and reinflated. used 8 inch channel for the rears and 6inch for the front. No more flats and I can tell you that I could go anywhere I pointed the frontend
They did enhance the floatation some, but I can see that they wouldn't make it in deep snow. But for my needs they were thousands less and worked well.