/ Traction 4x4 vs. 2 wheel drive
Clint

Yea I thought about checking on the new grass like turf green material. But as
we all know the stock prices went south. The lot is 200x1089. I might get a
couple of par fours out of it. One out and one back. Not really but I can
practice a lot of wedge shots.

THANKS ALL. I think I’ve decided to stay with 4x4. If I cannot get a tractor
this summer I’ll defiantly get one next year (that is if what 401k I still have
has something left.) I may just pay my neighbor to keep it cut.

/ Traction 4x4 vs. 2 wheel drive #32  
Since this HP range is in the compact range, the difference in weight isn't significant enough when you compare the HP you mentioned. I didn't think I would need 4wd (most tractors didn't need it in the past!) but was talked into it by the dealer and haven't regretted it. If you're comparing a 3000 lb tractor with say a 5000 lb tractor that's possibly a different story. My 4wd has saved me from getting stuck several times. The tractor is just that light (about 3000lbs). Of course if you're mowing your yard and aren't going to be in muddy or hilly situations, you might get away with 2wd...just some thoughts...

/ Traction 4x4 vs. 2 wheel drive #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A wider heavier tire will have more contact area and thus spread the weight out over a greater area, which could equal less traction. A thinner lighter tire will have a smaller contact patch thus more pounds per square inch of contact. )</font>

I agree with you Clint. I've argued this point before with fellow Jeepers. There are many who feel just the opposite and get wide tires for ice. They feel the wider tire will provide more area to grab onto. I've never been able to prove my side of it, but I stick by it!

/ Traction 4x4 vs. 2 wheel drive #34  
In that particular case I agree and have proved it, to myself anyway.