Traction Traction...lack of!

/ Traction...lack of! #21  
Hawgee,Thats what I kinda figured,but the JD dealer said they didn't call them that when I asked about them.He gave me a different name..Thats the one I was trying to recall.I don't recall how deep the rims were...Now I suppose I'll have to make time to go by there just to sure what they were...

Lil' Paul

Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Traction...lack of! #22  
Hey Jim,

Check this out... simple and inexpensive...

http://www.his.com/~msimpson/tractor/hacker/wweight.htm

I filled and drained my front tires on the B8200. last year for a similar job. I got as much water out as I could before the first frost. Must've worked; they're still going strong. I think your TC18 is similar size/power to my Kubota B8200 w/turfs.

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

/ Traction...lack of!
RobertN,

Thanks, that's a creative way to add weight. I've started moving some of the sand using my rear scoop bucket, carrying the fill sand uphill backwards and the added weight really helps with traction. Still get some tire spinning when I get into the sand that I just moved, but it works better than the rear blade.

Thanks, JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Traction...lack of! #24  
8/13

Dealer saw my wife and me gaping at the huge turf tires on a NH utility tractor. When I joked that they were so big that the operator might be more likely to clip someone's toes, he laughed. "Believe it or not, those balloons exert less downforce per square inch than a normal human foot. So you would barely feel one of 'em running over you."

Yeah /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif.

Jim