Tractor backhoe - homemade

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,591  
What is the the most common mini excavator quick disconnect bucket and attachment type there? Is it more universal there? Here there are over a dozens different types and even vary with the same manufacturer.

Modified the Kubota M59 to Kubota miniEx (8-20K #machines) quick attach. Makes changing buckets and attachments so easy. Appreciate the simple yet strong design. New and used attachments are plentiful and often less expensive. Can’t wait to see what innovations you make.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,592  
Holy crap that thing looks awesome on the tractor.

I am still itching to build the 'middle arm' for my tiny backhoe. I did buy a cylinder for the project.. and that's as far as that's gotten, lol.

Can't wait to see the bucket build!

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
#1,593  
Well, there are many types, probably 20-30 different ones.
Thanks Vigo. 😊

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,594  
What is the the most common mini excavator quick disconnect bucket and attachment type there? Is it more universal there? .
Here in Holland we predominantly have Verachtert CW system, in different sizes. Cat bought the company, it serves the home market under its old name and worldwide markets as Cat Worktools. Traditional pin grabber couplings like you have in the States are next to nonexistent, though the Scandinavian standard, with tiltrotator setup, is taking on fast.

#1,595  
Yes but pin grabbers are the fastest tool changing couplers. You only need additional hydraulic line to lock it

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,596  
Yes but pin grabbers are the fastest tool changing couplers. You only need additional hydraulic line to lock it

CW system too, but its built more compact, with less loss of breakout force.

Its an earthmoving oriented system: With heavy shears and crushers in demolition works, (lifting rather than pushing) it is loaded the wrong way, and sometimes the wedge cam breaks off the bucket due to fatigue. Solving this would mean altering the standard, which is not going to happen...

Thats why in demolition, OilQuick is gaining popularity, though it will never fully replace the CW standard in Holland: CW standard is more than 45 years old, older than any other standard.

Last edited:
#1,597  
I've welded my front pin on the bucket, and rear one gets inserted all the way through the bucket and coupler. This way even if my front hook snaps rear pin will hold the bucket

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,598  
You finished it just in time for your Christmas present! Merry Christmas!

Are there no used cheap buckets over there you can do a weld job on? I see them here at different auctions.

#1,599  
Even if there are I'm going for the 4 in 1 bucket 😁