Tractor backhoe - homemade

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
#1,601  
On your backhoe ?
Yes. In my experience there is always a need to grab something while digging or demolition or pretty much any job. Also with a regular bucket it's next to impossible to pick up all material on the surface without using the shovel. With a jaw it will work. One more point is the fact that in some cases you need teeth to penetrate hard soils, but the bootom of yout ditch has to be flat, so you need a smooth cutting edge.
It's all in favor of building a 4in1 jaw bucket

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,602  
It's all in favor of building a 4in1 jaw bucket
4 in 1 buckets are much heavier, they reduce the capacity quite a bit.

You know the thumbs that are very common in North America? In Holland its either a wide ditching bucket for grading, a skeleton bucket for stone digging, or a sorting grab for other jobs, we dont have thumbs, but its standard in North America

I see it making more sense in areas where you find big rocks while digging, but where i live we use a low cheek skeleton bucket so you can lay long slabs in it that stick out on either side

By the way, i designed the hydraulic extendible undercarriage on this ZX690 😉

Last edited:
   / Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,603  
Having a toothless bucket is indispensable digging around or near buried utility lines to reduce damage. Makes a good hard bottom. Good for grade work too.

Never seen a 4N1 backhoe or excavator bucket. If anyone can make it work it best be you!

#1,604  
It looks great, a really big machine. Soon I'll finish my design, then we can compare the weight of both buckets

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,605  
Never seen a 4N1 backhoe or excavator bucket. If anyone can make it work it best be you!
Me neither, but from my payloader days i remember them having 20% less capacity due to the buckets own weight. Especially with a triple boom with extended reach, i would save the lift capacity for payload.. Especially the moving jaw of a 4 in one, has to be double walled for strength, thereby adding a substantial amount of weight.

I would go for one or two buckets on the quick attach coupler, and a thumb for picking.

#1,606  
I had a thumb on rk 525, but I think this will be a better solution. It will be built out of Hardox to reduce weight and increase strenght

#1,610  
Thanks. The plan is to make it grab concrete, wood and debris equally well. I hope it will