Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing
On the cyclone rake/trac vac: how does it work? What is the cost? Would it pick up grass burrs (stickers as we call them in Texas)? Do you think it would work better than a sweeper?

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #12  
On the cyclone rake/trac vac: how does it work? What is the cost? Would it pick up grass burrs (stickers as we call them in Texas)? Do you think it would work better than a sweeper?

Not sure about the stickers...What do you mean by sweeper? Something like this? Brinly-Hardy Lawn Sweeper — 42in., Model# STS-42LXH | Lawn Sweepers | Northern Tool + Equipment

Here are links for the Cyclone Rake & Trac Vac:

The Cyclone Rake - America's Most Popular Leaf Vacuum
Trac Vac Outdoor Lawn Vacuum, Leaf Vacuum & Grass debris Lawn Vac

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #13  

I don't have any experience with the sweepers but I do have plenty of experience with the stickers or goatheads. What I did was till everything up and plant tall fescue grass, it took over and I don't have anymore stickers.:thumbsup:

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #14  
with a small scut for that work I'd get a finish mower for it and save the money on the ztr. for a 2ac plot you don't need a huge machine.. liely 24hp or less will do ya..

soundguy

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #15  
You could do the work you listed with an X748, 1023, 1026,2305, 2320 and 2520. I would prefer the 2320 or 2520 with a 200CX loader and would point out the 2520 with the larger hydraulic pump will be faster for loader work.

On my X749 I have the pto and limited cat 1 hitch, it works better than I expected but isn't as good as the 2320 and up with position control. If you are going to have one tractor to do it all including fel work, mowing and 3 pt hitch work that you describe I think larger 2520 is the way to go. A little more money but a much better chance you will be satisfied with its performance long term. This would be the tractor that is one size up from what you need.

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #16  
Has anybody priced out a 2320 John Deere/kubota tractor with a Mid mount mower and loader recently?

My Kubota B2320 was 15,900 + tax with FEL and MMM. That was suppose to include delivery but I ended up picking it up myself. A good price IMO...not the best but not the worst.

I went with the Kubota over the Deere for a couple reasons. The Kubota had a 3 range hydro. Huge factor for me. Also...on the Deere the loader hoses hung down below the tractor just asking to be ripped off. Did not like that. I really wanted a Deere as it is just American to own a Deere but those two factors pushed me to the Kubota. Plus...the Kubota is made by Kubota. The Deere has position control which you may be interested in for plowing but it was not an issue for me. Some people complain about the pedals...that's just something you will get used to on either.

Do you think I could do the discing with a 1023 or 1026?

The only thing I am scared of with a 2520 is that it will tear up my grass or leave tire tracks? Does anybody have a 2520 that they mow with that could share your experience?

I agree with you to always go one tractor size up. The other thing is the extra money from a 2320 to a 2520.:(

You could do the work you listed with an X748, 1023, 1026,2305, 2320 and 2520. I would prefer the 2320 or 2520 with a 200CX loader and would point out the 2520 with the larger hydraulic pump will be faster for loader work.

On my X749 I have the pto and limited cat 1 hitch, it works better than I expected but isn't as good as the 2320 and up with position control. If you are going to have one tractor to do it all including fel work, mowing and 3 pt hitch work that you describe I think larger 2520 is the way to go. A little more money but a much better chance you will be satisfied with its performance long term. This would be the tractor that is one size up from what you need.

What size MMM and FEL did you get? I think you got a pretty good price compared to the prices I am getting. I do really like the 3 range hydro on the Kubota versus the 2 range on the John Deere. I am like you: I really want a John Deere but I am starting to lean toward Kubota because of features and $$$.

My Kubota B2320 was 15,900 + tax with FEL and MMM. That was suppose to include delivery but I ended up picking it up myself. A good price IMO...not the best but not the worst.

I went with the Kubota over the Deere for a couple reasons. The Kubota had a 3 range hydro. Huge factor for me. Also...on the Deere the loader hoses hung down below the tractor just asking to be ripped off. Did not like that. I really wanted a Deere as it is just American to own a Deere but those two factors pushed me to the Kubota. Plus...the Kubota is made by Kubota. The Deere has position control which you may be interested in for plowing but it was not an issue for me. Some people complain about the pedals...that's just something you will get used to on either.

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #20  
What size MMM and FEL did you get? I think you got a pretty good price compared to the prices I am getting. I do really like the 3 range hydro on the Kubota versus the 2 range on the John Deere. I am like you: I really want a John Deere but I am starting to lean toward Kubota because of features and $$$.

It is the 60" MMM and I got the 304 FEL. If I was to do it again I think I'd consider trying to get the 364 loader on the 2320. Most dealers don't like to do that as they would rather sell you a 2620 but I have heard of several people getting the 364 on the 2320. You are right....I did forget to mention that the Kubota was a few hundred less.