Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #22  
Do you think I could do the discing with a 1023 or 1026?

The only thing I am scared of with a 2520 is that it will tear up my grass or leave tire tracks? Does anybody have a 2520 that they mow with that could share your experience?

I agree with you to always go one tractor size up. The other thing is the extra money from a 2320 to a 2520.:(

I don't see any issues mowing with a 2520, and it will disc better than the subcompacts for sure. As long as the ground is dry I can run my 4520 across the yard without problems but I do this only when necessary. The 2520 is still a light tractor and should work well for you.

Where are you located in west Texas?

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing
I am located just outside of Seminole. Thanks for all the advice so far. 2 more questions on the 2320:
1). Is it worth it to upgrade from a 54 to 60 inch MMM?
2). Is it worth it to upgrade to the cx FEL from the X? What is the process for removing the x FEL?

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #24  
on the MMM... that's lots of money for what... 3" of real cut difference once you figure in close overlap?

soundguy

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #25  
I am located just outside of Seminole. Thanks for all the advice so far. 2 more questions on the 2320:
2). Is it worth it to upgrade to the cx FEL from the X? What is the process for removing the x FEL?

I don't know anything about the tractor, but I went from a 54" cut on our JD425 to a 60" on a BX and would not want to go back to a 54".

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #26  

Well Seminole is reasonably flat terrain in my remembrance, so I would go for the wider cut mower whether belly or rear mt. On the loaders I would get the dealer to show you the difference in person and what is involved in removing/installing.

My experience and opinion is that all of these little tractors have limited fel abilities, I wouldn't bother with them. The fel on my 110tlb is about as small as I find to be useful. Others opinions will differ.

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #27  
I should add that I am off to the dealer in Roswell this morning and will look at the disk he has for a limited cat 1 hitch for you. I am looking into a boxblade, landplane or parts to build my own landplane all for the X749. This machine would be something to consider for your sized property as well. In the open country an X748 would be a good choice.

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing
OK, so I'm think I'm down to a John Deere 2520 or 2320. My main concern is still how the 2320 will hold up to the discing and cultivating and how the 2520 will be on my turf grass. Also, if anyone wants to share about their experiences regarding the 200CX FEL vs. the 200X FEL I would be happy to hear it. Thanks for all the good info so far.

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #29  
Well there is not much difference in weight between the two models and neither one should be a problem for your lawn. If you were to use a tiller set to cut shallow instead of the disk you could opt for turf tires instead of R4 tires. You don't have to bury the tiller, instead set it for 1 to 2 inch depth. A tiller with forward rotation (Deere 647, thru 681) will tend to push the tractor forward so there isn't a draft load to deal with.

On the loader I would go with the 200cx with quick attach mounting and the 2520 for higher flow hydraulics.

To recap if it were me buying one machine for your stated uses, 2520 with turf tires, 60" mower deck, 655 tiller, 200cx fel, ballast box because you can drop it and the fel when mowing.

/ Tractor buying Advice - mowing, loader work, discing #30  
Still shopping trying to decide.
JD dealer is really pushing 2320 or 2520 due to $1000 facotry incentive.

Just recieved price quote for:
2320 R4 tires, 200CX with 61" bucket, 54" front mount snowblower with quick hitch.
$18,291.24 + tax

Also quoted:
2520 R4 tires, 200CX with 61" bucket, 54" front mount snowblower with quick hitch.
$20475.91 + tax

Salesman says only difference between tractor is the larger hydrulic pump,
2 hp and 205 lbs

I have read other differences online trying to figure out what the real deal here is.

How are these prices?
Which tracotr 2520 or 2320???