Tractor clearance height

/ Tractor clearance height #1  

Fast Eddie

Does anyone on the forum know how to find clearance height for various tractors. Right now I am window shopping for tractors in the 40-50 HP range and would like to know which ones would fit in my garage. I have found every kind of dimensions you could imagine (height of the hood, height of the ROPS, etc) on the web but can't find clearance height. For example the JD 5105 has a vertical exhaust but how high is it?

Any help is appreciated. :)

/ Tractor clearance height #2  
Have you check out the "tractordata.com" site? It shows the 5105 as 74.8 inches to top of ROPS (folded). There is probably a formula as to the height of the ROPS above the hood or seat for safety of the operator. Not sure what that is at the moment. I have a 5105. It will not fit in a standard garage bay. It is more of a regular utility tractor than a CUT. Fits fine in the barn with 16 foot doors.:)

/ Tractor clearance height #3  
Eddie,

Watch me be proven wrong, but most ROPS (not folded) are higher than the vertical exhausts on tractors so equipped.

Steve

/ Tractor clearance height #4  
Eddie,

Watch me be proven wrong, but most ROPS (not folded) are higher than the vertical exhausts on tractors so equipped.

Steve

My ROPS IS taller than my vertical exhaust by a couple of inches.

/ Tractor clearance height #5  
If it helps, my 6415 is 110.2" tall, top of ROPS (not folded). Exhaust is about 108" You can fold the ROPS, but not the exhaust. :D at least not more than once.

/ Tractor clearance height #6  
My ROPS IS taller than my vertical exhaust by a couple of inches.

The same is true of my NH TN55 and other makes/models that I have seen over the years. There may be exceptions, but I haven't seen them.

Steve

/ Tractor clearance height #7  
Forgot to add - The ROPS on my 5105 does not fold, so be sure the tractor you are looking at does have a foldable ROPS if the ROPS height will not fit in your garage. Most Ag. utilities will not fit in a garage. Need to look more at CUTs in the 40 to 50 HP range if that is the HP you need.

/ Tractor clearance height #8  
A lot of the tractors with vertical exhaust, have an option for a horizontal exhaust.

/ Tractor clearance height #9  
How tall is your garage door? My tractor has a bottom pivot rops and I wouldn't want to put it up and down every time I used the tractor. I guess its not a huge deal but I did buy a tarp garage with an 8' door so I don't have to put the rops up and down all the time.
Give the rops a try at the dealer, I assume the mid pivot rops are easier to use every day.

/ Tractor clearance height #10  
Does anyone on the forum know how to find clearance height for various tractors. Right now I am window shopping for tractors in the 40-50 HP range and would like to know which ones would fit in my garage. I have found every kind of dimensions you could imagine (height of the hood, height of the ROPS, etc) on the web but can't find clearance height. For example the JD 5105 has a vertical exhaust but how high is it?

Any help is appreciated. :)

If you're talking about the standard 8-ft clearance for residential garage doors, you'll have a tough time getting a 40-50hp CUT with the ROPs in the run position through that opening. That's why my shop has 10 x 10 ft rollup doors so my 2008 Mahindra 5525 can fit with no trouble. The ROPs on my 5525 (54 hp engine) is 94" (7'10") tall.

Drop spreader-1.JPG

Check out orchard tractors if you're stuck with a garage door height limitation. They are built to squat low to get under the tree limbs easily. Here's my 1964 MF135 diesel (45 hp engine), a field tractor that's been modified for orchard work. The normal 28" dia rear wheels have been replaced by 16" dia rims and the rubber is Goodrich 6-ply 18.4-16A tires (18" wide, 16" dia rim, 40" tall overall).

DDIL-MF135.JPG

Good luck.