Tractor clearance height

/ Tractor clearance height #11  
flusher, Nice looking Massy. Surprised you did not change the exhaust to a horizonal system.

/ Tractor clearance height #12  
If shopping at a dealer ask to look at the Operator Manual. I don't know about other brands but in sales literature Bobcat lists only the tallest point of the tractor (ROPS up) with tallest tire option (usually the Ag tire), but in the Op manual it lists with ROPS up, folded, steering wheel height, etc and includes those demensions with all 3 tire options.

/ Tractor clearance height #13  
The problem with standard garage doors is that they are really only 7 foot doors and only if they go completely up (most dont). I have 8 foot garage doors on my shop. You have to buy extension rails for the home garage door opener for them to open fully. With 8 foot opener rails, they open full 8 foot and it just clears a 2030 NH with cab by about 4 inches. My old Yanmar with vertical exhaust goes in easily but it doesnt have an ROPS.

/ Tractor clearance height #14  
if you go by the height with the ROPS folded to get the desired clearance, make sure to fold the ROPS BEFORE you enter the garage. Don't ask me how I know.:D:D and I'll bet others would offer the same advise.:laughing::laughing:

/ Tractor clearance height #15  
if you go by the height with the ROPS folded to get the desired clearance, make sure to fold the ROPS BEFORE you enter the garage. Don't ask me how I know.:D:D and I'll bet others would offer the same advise.:laughing::laughing:

After clearing his bike off the top of his car, my brother learned to leave a wheelbarrow (or something similar) in the middle of the garage to keep him from pulling back in without taking the bike off. Since a "helpful" household member might move an object on the garage floor in the interest of tidying up, I'd probably go with the concept of hanging a rope in front of the garage opening to remind me. Others may have their tips for this one as well.

/ Tractor clearance height
Thanks everyone for the helpful information. I am no expert and some of you have given me food for thought. I guess I should look more at CUT's. I have a JD 790 and it works fine, just thinking about more power (but can't come up with a good reason). I measured my garage height and it's 6' 10.6". I probably could have the door modified to add another 6" or so, but it's probably not worth it.

/ Tractor clearance height #17  
Thanks everyone for the helpful information. I am no expert and some of you have given me food for thought. I guess I should look more at CUT's. I have a JD 790 and it works fine, just thinking about more power (but can't come up with a good reason). I measured my garage height and it's 6' 10.6". I probably could have the door modified to add another 6" or so, but it's probably not worth it.

Just because they are more horsepower does not mean tractor will necessarily be taller, compare them. Example: Bobcat 225/235 & Kioti CK27/35 are 1.5" taller at the ROPS then the 440/450 & DK 40/50 models. It is possible to go up in HP yet stay same or lower height. I would guess you will find other brands with similarites.

/ Tractor clearance height #18  
Eddie,

Watch me be proven wrong, but most ROPS (not folded) are higher than the vertical exhausts on tractors so equipped.

Steve

Gonna be close 5140.jpg

/ Tractor clearance height #20  
I can't tell from the photo. Am I proven wrong? It won't be the first time.:)

Going off picture,gonna have to say, ROPS may have it by and inch:laughing: