Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade #71  
BFreaky, they need your snow blade in Boston right now. :)
Over 2 meters of snow so far.

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade
Yes, pivot pin can be pulled out.
Kyle, where would you push that amount of snow? :)
I believe only snowblowers can do something in this case

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade #73  
BFreaky,
I just went threw the whole post. I would like to commend you for your enguinity. You are doing the most with what you have, and this is a good exemple to serve. Thank you for sharing, and diligently posting your projects, and all the good help you bring as well to us all here on T.B.N.
I am a little intrigued by the angle of the trip blade. To me, it looks way too steep(ie:cllose to beeing at a 90deg. angle), as I think it will want to shear anything in its way. The way your tractor 3pt front mount is set-up, in combination with the plow, is there any provision for "float" mode?
I also understand, that for "leveling", your set-up will work well. But again, the angle of attack of the trip edge could benefit better if it was at a gentler angle.
For snow pushing, I will suggest you add removable side plates("ears"), to contain the snow, so you maximize each pass, with verry little spill-over.
So this is my :2cents:insight on a very very good fab project. And like many of us, I will follow your next one!:thumbsup:
Cheers!:drink:!

Well...actually this turned up as a great angle for snow cleaning applications. Dirt moving requires something else, different angles and different bending radius. Here I use a 75 degree angle. Skid shoes maintain the float.

New model in the building process...some improvements..

727i3q.jpg

2qknnsh.jpg

2r258c8.jpg

2qntoxf.jpg

30ifgc0.jpg

2hgcnjk.jpg

2hxqb6c.jpg

Finished :)

aotc1f.jpg

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade #77  
Outstanding.

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade #78  
Are you sure that you didn't take the pictures at a factory? ? I'm thinking you are taking some manufacturers credit on this. Joking

But beyond amazing work my friend

Last edited:
Thanks. Anyway, this is now a 6-way blade with side tilt, larger springs and better trip mechanism. It also has skid plates but on this picture they are not mounted yet

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade #80  
Thanks. Anyway, this is now a 6-way blade with side tilt, larger springs and better trip mechanism. It also has skid plates but on this picture they are not mounted yet

I'm just seeing this. Apparently you have skills beyond the normal tractor human. I am curious as to how you rolled the mold board for the plow or did you purchase this part pre made?