Tractor Fire

/ Tractor Fire #41  
I have a 3535 just caught fire on 6/13 2014 seem like it is the same problem fire was by the starter and fuel pump, also it was in for being what they found was it was out of time from factory, scored injectors and fuel pump for three weeks.it was new and 14hrs. this happened at 51hrs. now it has 89hrs and it had a fire what next.in the shop again just when I needed it. now waiting to see what they do?

/ Tractor Fire #42  
Had a close call yesterday 8/2/14 with my 4035....I was spreading some gravel and went to start the tractor, when I turned the key to crank a shower of sparks flew out from the starter area. I pulled the side panel off to have a look, sure enough the power steering hose was pressing against the power wire from the solenoid to the starter (hot only when cranking). It's a unshielded wire, and it was being forced to ground against the starter motor. I moved everything out of the way and made sure it wasn't grounded, fired the tractor up and ran it for about 10 seconds when I heard a pop and hydro fluid started spraying all over the place. It looks like the hose had gotten melted and a developed a small hole. Very lucky that it didn't blow the same time as the sparking was going on.

/ Tractor Fire #43  
When my Kubota caught fire I put it out, the dealer told me to "let it burn next time".

+1

Lost a bailer that way. My agent alwasy said, burn it to a cinder, pay the deductible and get a brand spanking new one. Exactly what I did. Unhitched the baler, pulled the hydraulics and callt the fire department. By the time they got there (out in the field), it was completely gone. I had a new baler that day.

/ Tractor Fire #44  
that small hole was because that is were it was touching. mine caught fire they redid the hoses and pulled tied a insulated hose away from starter.

/ Tractor Fire #46  
Well I have stumbled across this thread after my Mahindra 4035 PST caught on fire today. I have not had a chance to contact the dealer yet, and am trying to find some guidance on taking the next step. My tractor is a 2011 and has 372 hours on it. Throughout the time I have owned the tractor I have had a number of problems, the latest of which was a starter issue( this is the 2nd time I have had an issue with the starter). After finding out the a new starter would be over $400 dollars I took the starter to be rebuilt, when this did not fix the problem I ended up taking the tractor to the dealership and they said that the cable that runs between the battery and the starter was bad(go figure), they replaced it and I went on my way. Since getting the tractor back I have put less than 2 hours(maybe even less than one, they did not print the hours reading on my receipt when i picked it up) on the tractor, and today after bushhogging with the tractor for about an hour, I got off the tractor to replace the shear pin when i noticed a bad smell and a small wisp of smoke coming out of the dash by the hand throttle next to the steering wheel. I immediately turned off the tractor and called the fire department first, then I called my father to bring me a fire extinguisher. The flames were coming from the direct vicinity of the starter motor. The fire department believes it was an electrical fire, and the tractor is not looking too good. Also, some how during the fire the tractor turned itself back on? My warranty is out, and I do not have insurance on the tractor, but being that the tractor was just in the shop I wonder if the dealership messed something up. Should I first take the tractor to a different dealership to get an unbiased opinion or should I wait until they tell me what they think and then take it somewhere else?

/ Tractor Fire #47  
Stick with posting the issue to one message thread. It's good to read up on the old threads and posts to learn what was going on at the time, but for your issue you're best off keeping it all in the thread you created. Saves confusion and multiple identical posts. Most of the regulars here look at all "new posts", so it doesn't matter what section you post in, you're message will be seen by all.

/ Tractor Fire #50  
My Mahindra 3535 just caught fire and burned to the frame, total loss. 455 hours on it. What happened with your situation?