Tractor for 7 acres

/ Tractor for 7 acres #11  
Hey Gip.....I have to agree with Roy to the extent that you need to be capable of handling your own problems with the fledgling brands because the support system is not quite there and for some not at all. If you are fortunate to have a long time tractor dealer who carries one of those brands and will support you then there is good reason to consider that brand. There are however alot of what I'll call "Roadside Stands" selling some of these different brands and may likely not be there for you when you need them. I recognize that Roy bleeds green but he is really reinforcing the most important message here...."Do Your Homework", take your time and try to get it right the first time. As a new Kioti owner who believes he did his homework with the help of the many fine contributers to these forums I to would stack my unit against any comparable one.

Good luck in your search.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #12  
Roy bleeds green

<font color="green"> </font> green!!!???

/ Tractor for 7 acres #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would but my Kioti Ck30hst against any other brand. I did infact that's why I purchased a Kioti.
Regards;
Glen )</font>

That's your opinion, and you're most certainly entitled to it. However, I'll point out that the actual fact is that if most people agreed with you, that make of tractor would be the top selling brand in the country. It isn't. I think Roy was only pointing out the safest bet for a new tractor owner. If by chance the poster missed, and bought the wrong sized tractor, by going with the opinion of the masses, he could easily sell what he bought without a big loss, and go with something else. Also, the larger the dealer network, the greater the chance of having any issues handled. Just a benefit of going with the opinion of the masses. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Tractor for 7 acres #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( green!!!??? )</font>

With a hint of yellow..... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.......... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Tractor for 7 acres #15  
hey we only have 5 acres and we have a 65 hp mf165 and we livei nteh city with a freew cattle lol

/ Tractor for 7 acres #16  
( green!!!??? )
With a hint of yellow..... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.......... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I'm not sure that comment was supposed to be about...if you're calling me a bit yellow for advising a better known, higher quality make of tractor...well, it's not a matter of cowardice. It's a matter of good common sense.

Most folks here aren't prepared to do more then maintenance (oil changes and such). Digging into mechanics when you haven't the knowledge or experience can be challenging, to say the least.

With the number of compact tractors being sold, there are going to be "fly-by-night" outfits taking advantage of that. Most start up businesses fail in the first five years. That's where the orphans comment came from.

I'm being realistic and, if your comment is disrespectful, I suggest you think before you post next time.

/ Tractor for 7 acres #17  
Don't John Deeres have yellow trim?
Maybe the post was as innocent as referring to the trim color.
I thought all the hacked off people resided on the "OILS" forum /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor for 7 acres #18  
<font color="blue">Dealers in the area - JD, Kubota, New Holland, Century, Kioti, Century, Montana and Long </font>

Since you mentioned those brands, go look at each one.
<font color="blue"> Have some interest in grey market or Chinese tractors if price is right. </font>

I would leave those ones alone. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

RedDog

/ Tractor for 7 acres #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( I would but my Kioti Ck30hst against any other brand. I did infact that's why I purchased a Kioti.
Regards;
Glen )</font>

That's your opinion, and you're most certainly entitled to it. However, I'll point out that the actual fact is that if most people agreed with you, that make of tractor would be the top selling brand in the country. It isn't. )</font>

I believe they used to say that about Kubota, give it time my friend, give it time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor for 7 acres #20  
I like my Kioti too, anyone with a modicum of mechanical knowledge can examine it and tell its fat in all the right spots.
As they say in the car sales business "theres an a_s for every seat" /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Likely not every one will be happy with the same rig for whatever reason. Im ok with that too.
And if a guy wants to use Pennzoil, Im ok with that too...
(Mark runs for cover and hides...) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif